Parcel for my nephews bday needed it ASAP. Missed first delivery as I'd just come off a night shift and due to bank holiday unable organise new delivery date until the next business day. Stuck at work knowing I'd miss the next delivery so called the number on the back of the card. A foreign lady answered and I explained the situation and asked nicely if it was possible for her to contact the driver as I knew I wasn't going to be in and could he maybe drop it off at my place of work (which is 2 mins up the road from where I live) or drop it at an access point. The woman who was obviously reading from a script and had no interest in helping me at all said there was nothing she could do and I would have to contact the sender. I asked if she had a contact number for the sender and she said no and just kept repeating that I would have to contact the sender. I was so annoyed I told the woman thanks for nothing and put the phone down.

Just when I was about to give up on UPS I received a phone call from a friendly lady from the UK call centre who called me to arrange a redelivery on a day I would be in. I explained what had happened and how unhelpful the other lady had been ( she asked which number I had called and didn't seem too surprised when I told her.) I explained I needed the package for my nephews bday and would be home sat however since I'll be coming off nights there could be a chance that I may not here the doorbell. She said she would put tape all over the package to make it clear it was for Saturday delivery and she would also leave put a note on the package for the driver to call me before he delivers. I was prepared to go out and buy the present again and get this package sent back which would have left me out of pocked until I got a refund however thanks to this lovely lady at the UK call centre I no longer have to.

It may be financially beneficial to UPS to base call centres in foreign countries with cheap labour reading from scripts. However from a customer point of view that's a sure fire way to lose customers. I would much prefer to deal with friendly staff like the lady who called me today who will go that extra mile to help their customers and actually care. Not like the ignorant woman in God knows what country who quite frankly couldn't give a toss whether I got my package or not!

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue of ups customer care from Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ups to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments