2.0

Hey, I feel for you. I went through the same *** with UPS. I am in the wholesale business, and use UPS on every shipment. A customer contacted us once saying he had a few stores and needed some merchandise. He didnt want to put it on CC since the amount would be very large, so we went the route of UPS COD. We called UPS of course made sure it was Certified Check only, and insured our shipment with over $10k worth. Once we shipped we tracked that delivery to the door, and even called UPS to make sure they picked up the Certified Check. After 3 weeks of course (UPS loves holding your cod check for weeks at a time for no reason) we got the check in the mail.

The second i opened up the mail i looked at the check and thought WTH why did UPS send me a photocopy of the check. And then i noticed, it wasn't a photocopy, it was the check the driver picked up!!! First off i must say, to everyone out there. You 'CHRISTENHORTON01' was NOT joking when she said "looked like a 2 year old drew it on a piece of construction paper". The check (or paper i should say) looked like a type writer from 20 years ago type out everything. Nothing was aligned, and even the bank name it came from never existed. There were about 20 things i pointed out about the check to UPS that showed blantly that anyone that would take it knew it was not a check and just a piece a paper that was printed out. Even the writing on the back portion of the paper was cut off, showing the person just flipped the paper over in their printer and printed a back side.

Through weeks back and forth with UPS they basically said "we did our part, we have no responsibility". I spoke with lawyers and even federal agents, and all of them basically said, 'if you go to court your going to spend more money than you will get back'.

In summary, DON'T USE UPS COD, its a SCAM that UPS probably gets a cut from the receiver on it. Its all a ploy to throw a piece of paper in your face and say 'deal with it'. I wouldn't be surprised if UPS used this option as a bonus to their 'best' drivers. Like ' Hey Howard, you did so well this month on deliveries. Here is a COD shipment for working so hard. You deserve it.' ' But wait make sure it's not a 5 year old who writes up the check. It must be 4 year old and under...' ...And then of course they go to their Christmas parties and share each others selfies as they are picking up the check.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Pay me my money for my merchandise.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments