1.5

USP has a new way to rip off and cheat their customers. They now claim to perform audits of dimensional weight on their packages. Then they reprice your shipment at a higher rate and then charge you for their time to do the audit!!!!!!!

Here is the PROBLEM. I ship daily with UPS via a scheduled pickup and I use their supplied small security boxes. Per their own specifications the boxes are 3 x 6 x 9". So the reason I am so frustrated is they regularly audit my shipments and tell me that their supplied boxes are somehow larger than when they made and supplied them to me and they try to bill me for additional audited weight.

Even worse!!! Today we were told that a box we took to a UPS HUB, NOT A UPS STORE, a box that they weighed and THEY measured was somehow dramatically larger than when they accepted it at the hub. It also, according to them had gained more than 45 pounds and was now being billed more than $140.00 in additional fees for dimensional weight and residential large box surcharge. Adding insult to injury they also billed me $8.41 for the audit they claimed to have done in order to try and cheat me out of the $140.00. After being on hold for 10 minutes with UPS billing they finally credited back the charges and freely admitted that I was being cheated. They were at a loss for words after they tied to blame my ruler, my ability to measure a box and my scale, and I calmly informed them that it was a UPS employee at their HUB who did the measuring.

WOW DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ups Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

UPS Pros: Frustrating.