Sent a package from CT to WI via UPS/Staples.They made 3 failed attempts to deliver the package during the day when there was no one to receive.

Even though the receiver signed the slip and allowed them to leave the package, UPS returned back to Staples. UPS made no offer to hold the package so she could pick it up off hours.

This is awful service - why do they ask for shippers' and receivers' phone numbers if they don't use them and ask for further instruction?

I will never use UPS again.UPS is a big waste of time and money.

Review about: Ups Pick Up Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

UPS is no good for home delivery here. Lots of people are away at work during the day, and picking it up at the central warehouse is not an option as it is way outside most residential areas.

The best options are to have it delivered at work or to ship it US Postal Service

Bay Ridge Brooklyn NY

Just got off the phone with one "Jennifer Spencer" at the UPS Corporate office in Atlanta. Her explanation?

"I don't know."

Wrong answer, Ms. Spencer. Further she explained to me that the "hoped" to have the backlog created by a couple days worth of bad snow cleared up by Friday. More than a week AFTER the last snowflake hit the ground. Impressive operation, that.

Eduardo: UPS has taken it upon themselves to refuse to leave packages in areas they deem "high risk," i.e., SOMEBODY in the area has FILED A CLAIM.I never have.

Yet suddenly I cannot get packages delivered to my home, even signing the back of the InfoNotice forms they leave. It is extremely inconvenient for me to pick up packages from UPS. They're holding 2 of my packages hostage now. Why the *** am I paying for delivery if I have to pick them up?

UPS should STOP claiming that they do residential delivery, since they don't.They need to stick with B2B delivery, OR have weekend hours, OR attempt to actually work with customers the way they used to.

UPS and FEDEx both are horrible.

Things I hate about UPS and FEDEx.

I hate when you are given a 12 hour window for possible delivery and they never deliver your package within the first 4 hours of the window.

I hate when you are given a 12 hour window for possible delivery NOR do they deliver your package within the last 8 hours of the window

I hate when you wait all day at home waiting for a package that never comes.

I hate when the delivery drivers lie and say they attempted delivery.

I hate when the delivery drivers lie and say they attempted delivery and the station hubs receive the false system confirmation.

I hate when you wait all day at home waiting for a package that never comes but when you check online it says "delivery attempt made-no one home".

I hate when you find out this has happen again.

I hate when you call the 800 number you often get an useless pawn.

I hate when they ask me if I would like to file a claim for a lost or damage package.

I hate when one person on the phone tells me something completely different then another.

I hate when you ask to speak to a manager they act like it's not possible.

I hate when you ask to speak to a manager they tell you there is not one available.

I hate when I ask to speak to a manager they put you on hold and come back to tell you there is not one available.

I hate when after 20 min on the phone...

I hate when I ask to speak to a manager and finally get one on the phone and feel deep inside they really are not a manager.

I hate when they give you another number to call for help you spend they next 10 min explaining over again what just happen.

I hate when you call the other number they are just as unhelpful.

I hate when the customer rep tells you the best they can do is make a note in the system and wait.

I hate when they don't deliver my package apologize on the phone but then can't do anything about it.

I hate when a Next Day or 2 Day service doesn't make it and they won't give a refund...........unless you push and push and push the issue....then find out your account still hasn't been credited.....you call back and have to start from the beginning.

I hate when you finally get the refund you still hate them.

I hate when you have to play the role of your own freight forwarder and pick up your own package.

If the package was signature required, that means the receiver has to physically be there to sign for the package.Usually the only time the back of an info notice can be signed are for areas that the company does not driver release to, such as apartment complexes.

A lot of people don't read the back of the notice, so they don't know the difference between the two. The Company did what they were supposed to if it was signature required. Also, UPS will gladly hold the package in order for the receiver to pick it up. They can simply call and request will call.

If more people took advantage of the many different services UPS has to offer there would not be many of these problems.

Most people go about their business and then become irate because they did nothing and UPS did what they were supposed to.I could be wrong here but your explanation was kind of vague.