I ordered a few parts for my forklift, the supplier had one of the items in stock and I agreed for him to ship.

By the way its an International shipment. He printed an invoice for all the parts I ordered and had in the noted that only 1 of the parts was shipped. It was highlighted and mentioned on the document.

UPS in Trinidad and Tobago can't read and billed me customs duties and taxes on the total value over $3000.00 when the part cost only $800.00.

They turned up at my door with the package and want me to pay taxes of $500.00.

The delivery driver called customer service and put me on to Ms. HAZEL POLLARD answered and (who refused to give her name, driver gave name after conversation was over) was very rude and disrespectful. I tried to explain to her several times what they did and she kept shutting me down and told me to pay or refuse the package then hung up the phone.

Currently, waiting on my supplier to see what he can do on his end to rectify the issue.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1700 and wants Ups to issue a partial refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was poor customer service, unethical business practices, customer service agent and delivery. Author liked the most tracking tool. If you have a chance, please contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ups international shipping for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #928770

I deal with International Shipments on a regular basis.

The Invoice is to only show what is actually being shipped.

Customs imposes whatever tarrffs, duties, or fees Customs sees fit.

UPS is obligated to collect the amount that Customs has attached to the shipment.

UPS does not arbitrarily decide to charge folks extra.

So blame the Shipper for not having an accurate inventory of what was being shipped. Do NOT blame UPS for attempting to collect the amount Customs has attached to the shipment.