Rochdale, Massachusetts

I recently order a 1500.00 computer off of a great site (Newegg.com). I paid for UPS NEXT DAY SAVER, 97.00$ over the three day free shiping offered. Im currently viewing my tracking as we speak. It reads as follows :

02/23/2010 12:18 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

02/23/2010 9:36 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

CERRITOS, CA, US 02/23/2010 10:10 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

ONTARIO, CA, US 02/23/2010 11:00 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

CERRITOS, CA, US 02/23/2010 11:13 P.M. THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED AT THE ORIGIN HUB / FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY

Somehow and i don't blame UPS for this at all.... It magically teleported back to CALI 13 minutes after it arrived in Ontario.. Who knew..

As you can see that was posted at 11:13pm last night, it is currently 2:30 the following afternoon and yet that is still all of my tracking info at this time.

But wait.... let me get to the best part....

It says In Transit - On Time for the scheduled delivery reading out that yes it will be delivered today which is excellent!! HOWEVER.. upon refreshing every third refresh it reads this Exception See description below..

So as you can see if you are the unlucky person that just popped on to check up on an order, you would be told yes your item is on time and wait around or arrive home later to find out that it was in fact not delivered due to what UPS had deliberately posted on your tracking information.. YEAH RIGHT.. THANKS UPS.. take yourself out to dinner with my 100 bucks, and tell whoever "missed the origin scan and caused this delay" that is clearly printed ORIGIN SCAN with a date and time on my tracking that i thank them as well..

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

LOL. Don't confuse it for the Canadian province, this means it went to the UPS hub in Ontario, California, about 45 miles east of Los Angeles. Nearby is the LA/Ontario International Airport where I think UPS has cargo planes.

Well John, UPS is issuing me a refund.MY package arrived the second day at 5pm.

The Box i will state again contained a 1500.00 gaming desktop. When i shipped it back the box was in pristine condition, when it arrived on my porch it had puncture holes all four corners were crushed in and the bottom was falling out... Pretty Sad if you ask me... O WAIT not that its a big deal i mean its electronic equipment...

SO i guess its not a real problem that the box was literally SOAKING WET AND DRIPPING....so wet that i poked the side of it and my figure went through the reinforced cardboard...

Yeah the ONLY time next day air shipping like that is not refundable is if an airport closed due to snow or something like that.

Sometimes it can be tough to get the refund from the shipper, depending on the company. But NewEgg is entitled to the refund, therefore you are too.

Ah that's good, i looked into and saw that they do not refund shipping, but, ill definitely check into it tomorrow. I just checked my tracking and it hasn't even left CALI yet..

It's completely refundable. You'd have to go through NewEgg to get the refund issued, since they are the shipper, but it's not like you're out $100.