In June 2015, I mailed 13 boxes from Michigan to my home in Texas. 10 of the 13 boxes arrived soaking wet and falling apart.

I contacted UPS and was referred to the local office. After several phone calls and a promise that they would get back to me to resolve, I never heard another word from UPS. I want compensation for the 10 soaking wet boxes I entrusted to UPS. So I complained to the Georgia Attorney General's Office.

They in turn sent a letter to David Abney, UPS CEO - he assigned it to someone in his office - who in turn assigned it back to the local office - who called me today and said - what happened, what do you need!! I had to hang up before I started screaming. I was expecting them to call and say "Ok, let's take care of this. - What do you want us to do to make you happy?" Good old "customer service." Instead I got the same person I started with who was right where I left her months ago - unwilling, incapable and ill-versed in providing customer service to appease my complaint.

UPS Run Around. How many people, complaints, phone calls does it take for UPS to resolve an issue?

It cost me close to $500 to ship those boxes that were poorly and improperly treated by UPS. The woman from the CEO's office seriously told me basically that UPS is not responsible for the "container" just the contents... isn't that hysterical...so, I guess we should start spreading the word that UPS does not want you to ship using cardboard...only use plastic containers so that they will not get soaking wet and be falling apart when delivered if it should be raining.

It looks to me that the driver or warehouse left my boxes out in the rain (during one of the rainiest Springs-into Summer on record for Texas) where they were drenched and neglected. UPS only wants your money and doesn't care if you get upset with their service - they are "above" it all.

I didn't like: Being given the run around to resolve issue.

• Ups Run Around
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 16, 2015.

Comments