after the death of my mother i decided to move back to newfoundland.i sold most of my pocessions only keeping 18 boxes in total.phoning several companies i decided u.p.s would be best to ship my items.
13 of the boxes contained mostly important papers,pictures,some kitchen items,etc. the other 5 boxes contained my collection of blue mountain pottery,some antinque dishes,and my mothers ashes.all were wrapped in newspaper,then bubble wrap,then towels for extra protection.
i took my boxes to the u.p.s in oshawa and while my boxes were being weighted i filled out my info and were the boxes were going. i was then told to sign just that i had packed the boxes myself,which i did because i did not think it was a big deal.i was then asked if i would like insurance which i did and wrote down how much.i was told that was all and payed the man and was told the boxes could be picked up anytime on the 24th of feb.
I went to pick up the boxes on the 24th and was told to pay 90$ because the boxes arrived the day before and i had to pay for storage. after some arguing i payed and took my boxes.once i got home and opened the boxes i was horrified to find that 75% of my collection was destroyed.i called the store in oshawa and was told they were not responible because i packed the boxes myself.i asked about the insurance i had payed for, and was told it was void because i packed the boxes myself.why would i pay extra for insurance that was no good. why couldnt someone tell me all this before the boxes were shipped,i would have gladly let them pack them.
after a week of talking to many people at u.p.s someone called me and told me that u.p.s ships a million boxes everyday and this happens to a thousand.so i was just one of the unlucky thousand and to live with it. he also said that they were not going to help in anyway and that i must have packed the boxes wrong.how could they decide that without coming to see how i packed them.all together it cost me $550.00 TO SHIP WITH U.P.S and all i have is boxes of worthless pottery peices.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Blue Mountain Pottery
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Package was shipped through the next day air saver shipment and was suppose to be delivered by Friday 12/5. However due to their inconsistency and lies the package was never..."
- "I have an expressed written submitted request for "signature only delivery with UPS. UPS is NOT to leave a package without my signature! Today for the 3rd time in..."
- "I am absolutely *** FURIOUS with ups... Someone had ordered me a sex machine from Amazon, and the store owner of the parcel that was ordered chose to use ups......"
- "I ordered my wedding dress custom sized from this site. When it arrived it was rolled up in a ball in plastic wrap and stuffed into a box. ..."
- "Don't be fooled when you see this "exception". What it really means is that UPS has more packages than it can physically deliver in your area. "Weather conditions"..."
- "Do not buy from Bob Blumenthal Auto Sales, Sackville, NS.I bought a 2011 Buick Lacrosse & I had issues with it as soon as I drove it off their lot...."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."
- "Around Sept 30, 2015, I started Roca Labs. The picture on the right was April 22, 2015, the one on the left was March 16, 2016. The regimen was the..."
- "Good Afternoon Ms Rodriguez, I an sending this email to request a refund on the improper fitting dentures that Merit Coast made. As we previously discussed when I first went to the..."