Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I live in a small town where UPS makes one trip/day.When one of my packages arrived and another did not, I knew something was wrong.

I called UPS and proceeded to argue with the customer service rep who told me I had to wait until after 8:00 PM to report my package wasn't delivered. Repeated attempts to explain why this was foolish were unheard. They finally offered to "call the local UPS" on my behalf. I would get a call back within an hour.

The hour came and went with no callback. Once 8:00 rolled around, I was back on the phone. The new rep argued that the package was still out for delivery, then told me they couldn't call me back because they had the wrong number. I was advised my package was loaded on the wrong truck and would be delivered "either Friday or Monday" (this was on a Thursday).

Informing the rep that my son's medicine was on that truck, I was advised "it's no big deal, just go to the hospital". They must have better insurance than me, as that would cost me to go to the ER (A 30 minute drive each way by interstate mind you). I demanded a manager and after ten minutes of arguing, finally got the rep to transfer me. This manager "attempted to call the local office" which closes at 7:00).

After 15 minutes on hold, I was advised no one answered. They would leave a message for the local office to call me tomorrow. The next day, the local office (which is also about 20-25 minutes away by interstate) called, first stating they just got the package. I informed this lady I had emails showing it was out for delivery yesterday and it's guaranteed delivery time.

I then state that I felt the package got missed on the truck and the driver didn't feel like coming back once he/she found it, I was told "well he did get in very late last night". Seems like an admission they screwed up. She told me someone was at that office until 10:00 and had I called, they could've fixed it. Odd since UPS supposedly did call!

Furthermore, the local UPS lady told me she had no notes and didn't even know what my issue was, which was also odd since I was put on hold many times for the UPS reps to "get their notes in the computer".UPS failed to take responsibility and is still failing to even own up to it.

Review about: Ups 2nd Day Air Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Ups customer servvice, In ability to communicate effectively, No sense of responsibility.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Anytime you ship meds you should use a service more reliable than UPS, but if you do use them or FedEx, they should be shipped with insurance that pays out if they don't arrive on time. I always do it that way and have had no issues. The one time I didn't get them on time I was paid from the insurance and used that to pay for the meds I had to get at the doctor.