1.9
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I asked UPS to take a package to South Africa and asked them to get their driver to drop in their appropriate documents for my colleagues to complete. They said they would and that the driver would wait while my colleagues completed the docs. The driver refused to wait and stalked out without picking up the package. I rang UPS who got the driver to drop in again. This he did, but refused to wait for the documentsto be completed. He grabbed the package (which luckily had the consignee's address on it) and stormed out. Apparently he completed the waybill himself (Which UPS's internal rules ban him doing!) and mailed a copy of it to me.

In completing the waybill, in the destination "country" field, he entered "SA" which he presumably thought represented South Africa, but in fact, in UPS's internal system represents Saudi Arabia.

My package was thus sent to Saudi Arabia. To get it back, I was forced to pay the cost of returning it to the UK. I was told that UPS would not meet the cost of the return carriage, and if I did not pay my package would be destroyed after a certain period. I had to pay up!!

Eventually the package was returned to UK and was then (a long time later) was sent to South Africa at no further cost.

I have been trying to obtain some sort of compensation for the time and trouble I had to go to, a) in trying to sort out UPS to find and get the package to the right destination, and b) pacifying my client. I just cannot get through to anyone in UPS who will address my complaint. Does anyone have any ideas how to get a response to a complaint from this despicable organisation?

This person wrote the review because of problem with delivery of ups priority delivery service from Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $650 and wants Ups to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was package delivered late. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

MattD78
Melbourne, Florida, United States #1237075

Don't ask a busy driver to wait and call UPS when the documents are finished/ready? That's an idea.