1.7K views

I heard that UPS Canada gave $2 Tim Horton's gift cards to their employees as Christmas bonus. I heard this from someone who received the card.

Why would they even bother giving anything ...$2 is just ridiculous and unbelievable!! They don't seem to care about their employees, all they care about is making money. They should have just bought coffee and donuts for everyone. If it wasn't for a very reliable source I wouldn't believe it.

I feel sorry for the person who had to fill $2 in each gift card for hundreds of employees. Next time how about a lottery ticket instead, it wouldn't be so insulting then!

Comments

#1219297

I have worked for UPS for over 18 years. One thing i dont think people think about is that not only are they a horrible company to work for you are only getting good pay and benefits because you are in the UNION.

If it werent for the employees having a union UPS would be paying their employees minimum wage. And they would almost for sure one of the largest employers of illegals in the country.

My husband has been with UPS 32 years. Since Christmas, and since adopting the Orion (spelling??) system, he has been working no less than 10, and sometimes more than 12 hours a day and more.

He's not alone. Darcy Reid is the area manager, but she knows NOTHING about the routes, people, or conditions. She is only a numbers person. I don't know if UPS reads these, but she is doing a lousy job.

Moral is at an ALL TIME LOW! Is it going to take an exhausted UPSer killing him/herself in an accident and being sued before they do something with this woman?

A female UPSer died from complications of heat exhaustion this week. It has averaged in the upper 90's for a while now.

All the center manager can say is, "I know how you feel.

This is coming from corporate.

Just do the best you can."

I'll see my husband around 10:30 tonight.... again.

I am VERY CONCERNED.

Wyoming, Michigan, United States #815976

Ups is very much anti family my husband is a driver and he is trying to coach our sons baseball team and they won't let him he works so hard for them and thy could care less. It is gross how they managers treat the drivers they flat out tell them if they want a family life they should have another job.

They used to give everyone turkeys for the holidays! Now they just over work the management staff.....

UPS is anti-family, and doesn't believe in "life balance".

Fed up with the stress the company puts on families!!!!!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #752966

I worked for ups canada for three years and we have never gotten anything other than card that says good job from our manager mike oneil who am sure has a first pass to ***. Ups is the worst company to ever work for believe me three years of un appreciation. And if you don't have a union like I did just forget buddy be prepared to be treated like *** and human resource don't even mention them for they all in bed with management.

I have over thirty years in driving and I can say what everyone says is 100% true! When the company went public with stock it really got greedy and they have always treated their employees like ***.

They still preach safety to cover their *** but overload drivers so they have to run and skip lunches. These comments come from all over the country , doesn't that tell people how bad it is .And these comments stretch over years .

to Anonymous #770951

So true! My husband is a supervisor & they don't even follow driver regulations (since they don't punch a time clock). They abuse management terribly & don't have a problem filling driver positions with management (that way they save on payroll. I'm really surprised that the teamsters allows this? That takes away from union hires?

Sick of UPS!!

New York City, New York, United States #641205

I have been with ups for 25 years and I will say with all honesty it is an absolute horrible unscrupulous company to work for. They preach safety but all they care about is numbers and working as fast as you can.

They will run you into the ground. Take it for what it is. The pay and benefits are very good. Ups is not a job you seek its a job you wind up with.

It was not always like this. There is no morale among the workers. It is strictly a divided company management and union. Both sides hating the other and doing whatever they can to make the other miserable.

You really have to work there to understand how poorly ups is run. I will collect my pension and wish nothing but misfortune on this evil company.

UPS is the most underhanded "good ole boy" company in existance. I have been working for UPS for 12 years at one of the Data Centers.

My salary is *** pathetic. My shady boss resigns & leaves a spot for a new grade 16 manager. Is it offered to me? *** NO!

Its given to a *** with no degree who was already a manageer. *** UPS!

One of my friends works with UPS. He told me it is true if one defined UPS as "Under Paid Slaves".

It pays minimum wage. Female and moreover new comers are put in trucks to off load very very heavy packages,Old staff are lions who do not want any invader into their territories or else you are shown the exit before you know. It is a pity that there is scarcity of work other wise my friends relative wouldn't have stuck in this ***. Supervisors are living demons or ghosts that are roaming the warehouse in search for who to mistreat.

The innocent have no one to lean on apart from keeping their piece and do what is needed from them. So once you get your package broken, delayed this is all what I hard is happening.

UPS of south texas is the same *** yall have up north. managment is screwed up so bad in the upper levels.

Our PT supervisors are treated as *** and never promoted up doesnt matter if you been with company 8-13 yrs.You'll go nowhere unless your a friend or damily memeber for Upper Management. We dont even get raises here in the south region they dont give us *** we should go on strike but in this economy everybody needs a job.

to Coboy Clapacap #770961

Don't forgot the UPS slogan it tells management/supervisors "You're fortunate to have a job".

- can be summed up in a few words. We (management) are treated like 100% disposable numbers.

UPS is a two faced company that sends out BS to the employees and thinks we are all too *** to read between the lines. When they slashed our (Non union people) benefits, they said we had more "flexibility". When they changed the way we get stock it was more "aligned" with the business cycle. When we didn't get a raise a few years back, the CEO got about a 60% increase in his pay along with all grade 22's.

They lie to us management daily. I have never seen so many people at one company so distrustful of upper management. They are all total liars. I trust the union folks I work with much more than the average management person.

Management needs to UNIONIZE and we need to do it soon before before everything we were promised when we went into management is gone. When I am able to finally leave this God forsaken company for good, it will be my goal in life to start a union for the abused management people still working there.

There is no other way a company as arrogant and dishonest as UPS will ever change. That is the reason the drivers and part timers have some security and excellent pay and benefits - the union.

to The Way UPS treats their emplo #770957

SO TRUE!!! My husband is ready to quit!

He was working 15 hour days during the holidays, since he knows how to drive! It seems like they like to abuse all of the good supervisors! He hasn't had a raise in 3 years!!!! Now they're making him drive out of state to drive and deliver because they're so worried about their reputation after the negative publicity about not getting the Amazon packages to people by Christmas!

Did anyone really think that they could actually get a package in a day without paying for expidited shipping? Get real......

Sick of UPS!!!!!

They brow beat you- put impossible standards on employees- all that matters is speed! The way the handle pkg's is terrible!

They make you feel like a criminal just for doing your job! You can never go fast enough!

to Anom #683121

and they preach these 8 keys to loading and unloading and proper handling yet they are so unsafe and biggest hypocrite liars around truly amazing.

I have worked for UPS almost 5 years and they treat the employees how ever they want. They yell at you, yell at other mgmt.

in front of you, humiliate us and talk to us like we are 3 year old children. I have never in my life known of a company that this is "just their way of doing thing." Union rep. will file grievence, but nothing ever comes from it, it's like it never happened. As for the drivers, yes they are paid well, but at my location, they are treated like dirt and yelled at too.

At the point now where I feel like they just don't pay me enough to strip me of my dignity and humiliate me in front of co-workers. They do that to EVERYONE, I know it makes me feel terrible when I am working next to someone and the pre-load manager decides to come up and start in on them. Makes me want to stand up for them, because I know what it's like. Even if I did, It wouldn't matter, they don't care because they can walk you out and know that others who are desperate enough for money that they will allow it..........at least until they can't take it anymore.

Everyone thinks, Oh, UPS, what a GREAT JOB you have. They have no idea how we are treated and further more, how their packages are treated!

doctor say this is not an industrial injury!! and you are ready to work as of now!!!

they are still fighting me about woDiscrimination, against seasonal workers at UPS.

I got a hernia while Working as a seasonal Driver Help Now When I tried to contact Supervisor about it they only told me that they will contact me back soon, they never did, then I went to the emergency room, with pain from hernia., so the doctors told me that this was a workers comp case., and they give me a paper to take to employer,. only then they took me to one of their doctors. wich the supervisor talked to, and say to the doctor this is only a seasonal worker doc. so You know what to do., and ofcourse the rkers comp. or paying for any medical cost for the surgery hernia repair that I just have done a couple days ago !!!!

they also threatening to fire the coworker that was working with me that day, if he testify or say something about it !!

I used to work UPS for 4 years as a packed handler. The job sucked you started out an $8.00 for 3 or 5 hours a night.

They don't care if you have a second job. They'll have you work until there done. You can't even call your second job to let them know your going to be late. That depends on UPS if there busy or not.

You pay union dues which are expensive. Someone said you get free dental, medical, & vision coverage, that is not true. Employees pay for it with their union dues. The supervisors treat the package handlers really badly.

Also the supervisors wrongfully accuse their package handlers for something they didn't do, because it happened to me. The UPS job is not worth it.