Although my son's classes do not begin until Monday (9/12), he returned to college yesterday (9/9), so he would be there to receive the bedroom furniture that was scheduled for delivery in the evening. At 7:30pm, the UPS Tracking site still showed the package would be delivered within the next 30 minutes...Unfortunately it never arrived yesterday.

Now the UPS Tracking site shows "Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later." Since delivery information was available yesterday (although incorrect), I called UPS Customer Service for more information...And as we have come to expect from U.S. based companies that consider cost reduction to be more important than customer service, it sounded like my call was routed to an India based call center (loud background noise, heavy accents, etc.).

When I inquired about the package, I was informed UPS did not have enough trucking capacity to fulfill their deliveries yesterday!? That's right, UPS did not have enough trucks to handle their customer orders...Thank goodness Amazon does not run out of shipping boxes.

Normally this would not be a big issue, except the shipment included my son's mattress. Although the shipment is less than 12 miles from his residence, I just learned the UPS facility in Savannah (GA) is CLOSED on weekends. So when UPS fails to meet their delivery commitments on Friday, they will not return to work until Monday...Even when they fail their customers (vendors and consumers).

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of ups delivery service from Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ups to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments