Resolved
Tracking Tool

I am extremely unhappy with UPS and it's so sad because it is my first experience with UPS.Okay so someone sent me a package from Texas on a Saturday which was to be delivered the Wednesday after.

When I did not receive this package on Wednesday, I decided to track the package on Thursday and discovered a wrong address was entered. This fault came from the person that received the shipment from the sender at the UPS office, because the sender entered the right address and probably was not clear enough to the UPS official....the least he or she could have done was to confirm! As if that was not enough, UPS did not attempt to deliver this package until Thursday....a package that was scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday. When the delivery attempt failed, UPS did not deem it fit to contact either the receiver or the sender.

As the receiver, I modified my address on Friday morning as early as 8.30 am or thereabout.....was it too much for UPS to deliver this package before the end of the day on Friday? Something that was originally scheduled for Wednesday? I was so sad because the package was highly time sensitive! Then I called the customer care on Saturday, begging them to tell me where my package is so I can go pick it up myself wherever it is....and they told me the package cannot be assessed until Monday.

UPS has a really terrible service.They do not care about your package!!!

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: I was able to speak to someone quickly.

I didn't like: Nobody takes responsibility, Delivery lies.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

First off, I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with shipping your package.Here's a few things to keep in mind before pinning this unfortunate incident on UPS.

No UPS centers are open to the public on Saturdays, so if the person who sent you the package did so on a Saturday, they did not do it through UPS directly. They probably did it through a third-party company who offers UPS services, who then took down the shipping address incorrectly and shipped it. When a wrong address is entered into the UPS system, they will often still try to deliver it to a corrected address, which is probably what happened on Thursday.

Next, when you changed the address on Friday, they trucks were already routed and loaded for the day, so the change would take effect on the next business day, which is Monday.

Your package was probably removed from the truck and/or put on hold as soon as your address change was received, but it's not as simple as just sending out a driver to deliver it.All the trucks leave the center at around 9 AM, at the latest, and don't come back until they have finished their routes, which is sometimes as late as 10 PM, depending on the season and the workload.