Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I contacted UPS to ask about the status of my package and was told they cannot locate the item at all. The last scan showed an arrival at Chelmsford, MA location as ARRIVAL and hasnt updated since.

I called the location direct and they said I couldnt pick the package up at the location as it was coming of in pallets (yesterday), but that it is still scheduled to be delivered today. He made no note that the package is showing as potentially lost and that he couldnt do a single thing for me. I patiently waited for an update on the item as it still shows as IN TRANSIT and being DELIVERED TODAY between 12-4pm. No updates have happened since then.

I know USPS can contact the driver directly and verify that the package is on board and out for delivery. After speaking with three different reps and a supervisor I was told that I have to contact my shipper and have them start a trace on the package and they will open an investigation on the unit but ONLY AFTER 8PM when the package is supposed to be delivered. The rep and her supervisor both said they lost the package and can't locate it and ALSO CANNOT CONTACT THE DRIVER UNTIL AFTER 8PM tonight. WHAT!?

You can't have dispatch reach out to verify if it is on board the truck and just not scanned in?

The investigation itself will take up to 8 business days. This is a terrible system and based off this poor experience I will never use this company again.

Review about: Ups Customer Care.

Comments

MattD78

Yes, UPS dispatch can obviously contact a driver. What you are asking that driver to do however is pull over on the side of the road and dig through hundreds of boxes to find YOUR box and delay delivery of hundreds of other customers/packages just for YOU.

You may not see a problem with that but most of us do. The reason he cannot check for your package until 8PM is because that is when he is scheduled to return to the delivery center and THEN when his shift is over and there is no danger of causing a delay he can look for your package.

BrainyWren
to MattD78 #1515415

USPS is able to do so without a problem. The problem here was that UPS lost the track on the package, delaying my shipment and making me have to spend an additional $200.

If the driver has to spend five minute looks through the segmented packages, as they are packed in a specific order, that's the companies problem and should be accounted for when calculating the amount of time the driver will spend on the road.

This is clearly a problem that happens often, if you take the time to read online reviews. Maybe a better solution to locating lost packages could come from this but I doubt so.