UPS driver speeding and truck tires threw rocks all over my '07 vehicle, cracking windshield.This happened in a rural area, speed limit 50 mph.

UPS driver with regular truck pulling a closed-in trailer, westbound on State HWY #74 out of Purcell at 3:52 pm, between addresses #22324 and #22432. Incident occurred on 6/18/08 or 6/19/08. It was just a couple of chips, and I thought it would be okay. I planned to have it glued and sealed the first of this week (6/23) but the biggest chip started to run and I'm told by several repair services that the entire windshield must be replaced.

This was reported to UPS, and they promised several times "...we will have the proper department get back to you", but never did. I called them again today (6/27/08) and insisted, and a very snotty lady called me back from 405-947-0927 and informed me UPS was not liable for "road hazards". When I told her a UPS driver speeding in a 50mph zone was more than an ordinary road hazard, she asked me if I had a radar gun. Now I realize some people pull scams for damages, but I'm not one of them.

I'm retired, have a $1,000 deductible on my vehicle, and the cost of a new windshield is a big deal to me.

UPS will never get any business from me ever again.They are worse than rude.

Review about: Ups Vehicle Driver.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Goias, Goias, Brazil #20392

You were probably tailgating the driver to get that kind of damage!

customer_rep defend
Hughesville, Pennsylvania, United States #19328

They will sorely miss their one customer they only have millions to replace you with. They are no responsible for a rock spitting up and cracking your windshield he could have been going the speed limit of 50mph and the same thing would have happened. Just replace your windshield its like $200