Liberty Village, Ontario

Ordered an item from Apple, delivery was scheduled for today 12/20, a bit before 8pm heard swishing sound at my apt. door, found a delivery notice had been put on the door but I was too slow to catch the driver, who never even knocked, just bolted after leaving the paper. Tracking information showed the item had been delivered to the UPS store and marked as "delivery attempt failed" a few hours earlier (I had been home all day, heard nothing at the door before) - driver was not even carrying packages, just slips. The UPS store does not have parking and it'll cost me $6 to get downtown on transit to pick it up.

Called to complain and see if there was any way to get the package actually *delivered* to me, there is no contact phone number on the delivery slip, you have to go on the website to find it, after being on hold for a long time (and not given any actual option for "speak with a human", but mashing 0 got me there), I was told that they couldn't help me because their system had automatically routed my call to US customer service, because there was something wrong with my phone line and it couldn't tell I was in Canada. No, they could not transfer the call to the appropriate people, and their computer system couldn't do anything at all because my address doesn't have a US zip code. I was calling from a *regular Bell landline*. And I've had the same number for almost 10 years. Not a cell phone, not an internet phone, ordinary landline.

I am not entirely sure this company understands what, or where, Canada is, or that more than three people live in the country. I cannot understand why any company still uses UPS to ship things here, given that satisfied customers are about as common as snowflakes in ***, when you also consider the brokerage fees on anything shipped from the US.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments