Ups - Ruined Electronic Organ
I shipped an electronic organ from Concord, NC to San Antonio, TX through UPS.The instrument was in two cartons with the keyboards and electronics crated in 1/4" plywood and the speaker base with attached pedals in double corrugated cardboard.
The UPS terminal accepted my cartons, charged insurance fees for the value I declared and charged special handling fees for each package. When the cartons arrived in San Antonio, there was a large hole in the wood carton and multiple dents in the cardboard box. Obviously, the shipment was subject to severe jolting as there were severe dents in the organ cabinet, and a 20-pound transformer had broken away from its mounting plate and ruined the power supply board and master processor. There was severe damage to the upper keyboard making it worthless.
UPS, in a gesture of "good will," offered a refund of fees which I refused. UPS claims no responsibility for the damage claiming they recommended that I allow them to re-package the items (nobody spoke or implied that to me). If they thought the items might be damaged in shipping, why did they accept the items, insure them, and charge special handling fees?
That's like selling life insurance to someone in hospice care!
I'm still searching for some ethical resolution to settle my loss.Meanwhile, I'll use other shippers and I suggest reader's do the same.
Crushed in Concord
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Damaged Electronic Organ
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Here is what I wrote and am thinking about sending to any local news agency. Not that it will change anything any way but its a good way to..."
- "I received a pair of shoes that I had ordered online and the box looked like it had been crushed in a trash compactor and then a raccoon tried to..."
- "hardly ever get a package anymore that is not busted open, sometimes small holes or big tears. received two orders this week in different towns both had huge tears on..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."
- "They didn't send what I ordered! I ordered the Gibbs Rules Coffee Mug and received something in Spanish!!! I don't how this could have happened. They sent a confirmation email..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."