Ups - Ruined Electronic Organ
I shipped an electronic organ from Concord, NC to San Antonio, TX through UPS.The instrument was in two cartons with the keyboards and electronics crated in 1/4" plywood and the speaker base with attached pedals in double corrugated cardboard.
The UPS terminal accepted my cartons, charged insurance fees for the value I declared and charged special handling fees for each package. When the cartons arrived in San Antonio, there was a large hole in the wood carton and multiple dents in the cardboard box. Obviously, the shipment was subject to severe jolting as there were severe dents in the organ cabinet, and a 20-pound transformer had broken away from its mounting plate and ruined the power supply board and master processor. There was severe damage to the upper keyboard making it worthless.
UPS, in a gesture of "good will," offered a refund of fees which I refused. UPS claims no responsibility for the damage claiming they recommended that I allow them to re-package the items (nobody spoke or implied that to me). If they thought the items might be damaged in shipping, why did they accept the items, insure them, and charge special handling fees?
That's like selling life insurance to someone in hospice care!
I'm still searching for some ethical resolution to settle my loss.Meanwhile, I'll use other shippers and I suggest reader's do the same.
Crushed in Concord
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Damaged Electronic Organ
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have an account with UPS w6740f and i regularly ship to all over the world daily.I shipped a shipment on 22 june,2013 to one of my customer Netherland.Tracking no.1ZW6740F0450623296...."
- "I tracked my shipment. Informed me of early delivery on Saturday. I waited for the whole day. No delivery. Ended up, they rescheduled to original delivery to Monday. When I called..."
- "I had my personal things came from India by UPS. Everything was packed by professional courier agency as per guidelines of UPS. UPS-India does not accept any loose parcels or..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife..."
- "I went to sunoco on sheridan dr and military rd as usually do 2 minutes from my house ,to get breakfast coffe etc i had my 2 yr old with..."