Ups - Ruined Electronic Organ
I shipped an electronic organ from Concord, NC to San Antonio, TX through UPS.The instrument was in two cartons with the keyboards and electronics crated in 1/4" plywood and the speaker base with attached pedals in double corrugated cardboard.
The UPS terminal accepted my cartons, charged insurance fees for the value I declared and charged special handling fees for each package. When the cartons arrived in San Antonio, there was a large hole in the wood carton and multiple dents in the cardboard box. Obviously, the shipment was subject to severe jolting as there were severe dents in the organ cabinet, and a 20-pound transformer had broken away from its mounting plate and ruined the power supply board and master processor. There was severe damage to the upper keyboard making it worthless.
UPS, in a gesture of "good will," offered a refund of fees which I refused. UPS claims no responsibility for the damage claiming they recommended that I allow them to re-package the items (nobody spoke or implied that to me). If they thought the items might be damaged in shipping, why did they accept the items, insure them, and charge special handling fees?
That's like selling life insurance to someone in hospice care!
I'm still searching for some ethical resolution to settle my loss.Meanwhile, I'll use other shippers and I suggest reader's do the same.
Crushed in Concord
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Damaged Electronic Organ
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Radiator in my truck started leaking (plastic tanks) - so I ordered a new all metal radiator. UPS shows up and my wife sees the box and told him..."
- "I have an expressed written submitted request for "signature only delivery with UPS. UPS is NOT to leave a package without my signature! Today for the 3rd time in..."
- "after the death of my mother i decided to move back to newfoundland.i sold most of my pocessions only keeping 18 boxes in total.phoning several companies i decided u.p.s would..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "My friend experienced a death and I wanted to send flowers. Their website didn't work, forcing me to call which was a nightmare in and of itself. It..."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."