Ups - Review in Shipping category from Louisburg, Kansas

283 of 3978 Ups reviews

I was acquitted of a felony charge, unlawful use of a weapon. While this in and of itself is worth celebrating, less positive is the fact that my arrest was precipitated by a police report made by an individual who had trespassed on my property, who observed me open carrying a rifle. He then accused me of pointing this firearm at him, something which I did NOT do. As I stated, I was found not guilty of this scurrilous charge in a court of law.

For the years which transpired between my arrest and acquittal, my family and I lived each and every day with the threat of my spending four years in jail and a permanent felony record, watching our finances being devastated by the legal battle to secure my freedom, to keep our family together. We were forced to sell personal property, part with pets dear to our son, and empty his college fund.

Despite the statement of this individual in his police report that he observed the no trespassing sign on my gate which he had to open prior to entering my property, a warrant was issued for my arrest. In the court case which followed, the point was made that his police report was filed only after I had reported the incidence of trespass both to the police as well as to his employer, UPS. Yes, you read correctly. The individual who made the police report which led to my arrest, costing me dearly to defend my rights, was working for none other than the United Parcel Service, driving the well known brown trucks.

It should all be over now... I was in the right. This was proven in court. However, hidden from view is the financial burden of having to prove one's innocence. The cost of a criminal defense attorney to defend my second amendment rights in a court of law have decimated my finances and left my family and I struggling each and every week, with no idea of how we will ever recover financially or emotionally.

As an avid supporter of the second amendment rights in this country, I find myself shocked and dismayed at the blatant violation of mine. Never did I imagine I would be arrested in front of my wife and son, face jail time, and have my world turned upside down, simply because a UPS driver disregarded my posted " No Trespassing" warning, opened my clearly posted gate, drove his truck into my property, and observed me on my own property, legally carrying my firearm.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Other
Review category
Shipping
review #818260 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ups? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
283 of 3978 Ups reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 21 #1147707

So, if the Driver had just left a notice by the no trespassing sign, you would have been furious that your item was not delivered.
How did a delivery person make you feel threatened that you could not put the firearm down so he/she would not possibly feel a potential threat of a firearm in your hand?

0 0 Reply
Ron

Apr 09 #1141765 Chicago, Illinois, United States

Hello!
This has nothing to do with the company (UPS).
Act like a normal person and you will not be charged with a crime wherever you are.
I hope you learned from your own mistakes.

3 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ups. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ups.
Filing a new complaint about
×