I was acquitted of a felony charge, unlawful use of a weapon. While this in and of itself is worth celebrating, less positive is the fact that my arrest was precipitated by a police report made by an individual who had trespassed on my property, who observed me open carrying a rifle. He then accused me of pointing this firearm at him, something which I did NOT do. As I stated, I was found not guilty of this scurrilous charge in a court of law.
For the years which transpired between my arrest and acquittal, my family and I lived each and every day with the threat of my spending four years in jail and a permanent felony record, watching our finances being devastated by the legal battle to secure my freedom, to keep our family together. We were forced to sell personal property, part with pets dear to our son, and empty his college fund.
Despite the statement of this individual in his police report that he observed the no trespassing sign on my gate which he had to open prior to entering my property, a warrant was issued for my arrest. In the court case which followed, the point was made that his police report was filed only after I had reported the incidence of trespass both to the police as well as to his employer, UPS. Yes, you read correctly. The individual who made the police report which led to my arrest, costing me dearly to defend my rights, was working for none other than the United Parcel Service, driving the well known brown trucks.
It should all be over now... I was in the right. This was proven in court. However, hidden from view is the financial burden of having to prove one's innocence. The cost of a criminal defense attorney to defend my second amendment rights in a court of law have decimated my finances and left my family and I struggling each and every week, with no idea of how we will ever recover financially or emotionally.
As an avid supporter of the second amendment rights in this country, I find myself shocked and dismayed at the blatant violation of mine. Never did I imagine I would be arrested in front of my wife and son, face jail time, and have my world turned upside down, simply because a UPS driver disregarded my posted " No Trespassing" warning, opened my clearly posted gate, drove his truck into my property, and observed me on my own property, legally carrying my firearm.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought a used digital piano a couple of years ago that came in a professionally designed and built hard shell case made specifically for this item and it arrived..."
- "I sent 5 packages from Spain to UK in Sep 2011. Four of them were electronics (computer and accessories) packaged in their original boxes with the proper protectors (original DELL..."
- "UPS shows they left a package at my front door? It was left ON my truck hood, which was parked IN the street. Package was dirty like had..."
- "Found a coupon in my chips for itch relief. Contamination!!! I am very upset!..."
- " Went to subway to have lunch could've had a steak dinner just making people aware that they're overcharging people and I don't have five dollar subs anymore . ..."
- "Be cautious about buying the guardsman warranty on leather. It ONLY covers the material for spills, etc. The cushions are NOT covered and have some companies only have..."
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."