I was acquitted of a felony charge, unlawful use of a weapon. While this in and of itself is worth celebrating, less positive is the fact that my arrest was precipitated by a police report made by an individual who had trespassed on my property, who observed me open carrying a rifle. He then accused me of pointing this firearm at him, something which I did NOT do. As I stated, I was found not guilty of this scurrilous charge in a court of law.
For the years which transpired between my arrest and acquittal, my family and I lived each and every day with the threat of my spending four years in jail and a permanent felony record, watching our finances being devastated by the legal battle to secure my freedom, to keep our family together. We were forced to sell personal property, part with pets dear to our son, and empty his college fund.
Despite the statement of this individual in his police report that he observed the no trespassing sign on my gate which he had to open prior to entering my property, a warrant was issued for my arrest. In the court case which followed, the point was made that his police report was filed only after I had reported the incidence of trespass both to the police as well as to his employer, UPS. Yes, you read correctly. The individual who made the police report which led to my arrest, costing me dearly to defend my rights, was working for none other than the United Parcel Service, driving the well known brown trucks.
It should all be over now... I was in the right. This was proven in court. However, hidden from view is the financial burden of having to prove one's innocence. The cost of a criminal defense attorney to defend my second amendment rights in a court of law have decimated my finances and left my family and I struggling each and every week, with no idea of how we will ever recover financially or emotionally.
As an avid supporter of the second amendment rights in this country, I find myself shocked and dismayed at the blatant violation of mine. Never did I imagine I would be arrested in front of my wife and son, face jail time, and have my world turned upside down, simply because a UPS driver disregarded my posted " No Trespassing" warning, opened my clearly posted gate, drove his truck into my property, and observed me on my own property, legally carrying my firearm.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We went to UPS store Loveland CO to ship perishable for gift for my fathers birthday. Store told us what to buy for inner packaging and shipment guidelines which..."
- "UPS shows they left a package at my front door? It was left ON my truck hood, which was parked IN the street. Package was dirty like had..."
- "Ordered a MacBook Pro off of Apple's website, was sent to UPS from Apple the next day. I get a Friday delivery date from UPS with expedited 2nd Day Air,..."
- "I wish I had read these reviews before I ordered anything from them. I have been trying for about a month just to get a return address to exchange..."
- "I think they actually decreased the value of the home. We were warned that they could not sand due to the house being built before 1967. However they still did..."
- "After ordering and being told it would be a month before our delivery date, we were okay with this. A month passed and 2 days before the delivery we were..."
- "Got E-mail for FREE SHIPPING and 25% off all merchandise. That is a total and complete lie. They give nothing off on AS SEEN ON TV ITEMS. The web-site does..."
- "I have been using Webeasy since 2007 and have created many sites with the program. I have often found glitches which were remedied by support either online or by phone,..."
- "I purchased the veggie lovers bag salad from my local grocery store in Maryland and have been slowly consuming it over the last 3 days. Today at lunch I found..."