I was acquitted of a felony charge, unlawful use of a weapon. While this in and of itself is worth celebrating, less positive is the fact that my arrest was precipitated by a police report made by an individual who had trespassed on my property, who observed me open carrying a rifle. He then accused me of pointing this firearm at him, something which I did NOT do. As I stated, I was found not guilty of this scurrilous charge in a court of law.
For the years which transpired between my arrest and acquittal, my family and I lived each and every day with the threat of my spending four years in jail and a permanent felony record, watching our finances being devastated by the legal battle to secure my freedom, to keep our family together. We were forced to sell personal property, part with pets dear to our son, and empty his college fund.
Despite the statement of this individual in his police report that he observed the no trespassing sign on my gate which he had to open prior to entering my property, a warrant was issued for my arrest. In the court case which followed, the point was made that his police report was filed only after I had reported the incidence of trespass both to the police as well as to his employer, UPS. Yes, you read correctly. The individual who made the police report which led to my arrest, costing me dearly to defend my rights, was working for none other than the United Parcel Service, driving the well known brown trucks.
It should all be over now... I was in the right. This was proven in court. However, hidden from view is the financial burden of having to prove one's innocence. The cost of a criminal defense attorney to defend my second amendment rights in a court of law have decimated my finances and left my family and I struggling each and every week, with no idea of how we will ever recover financially or emotionally.
As an avid supporter of the second amendment rights in this country, I find myself shocked and dismayed at the blatant violation of mine. Never did I imagine I would be arrested in front of my wife and son, face jail time, and have my world turned upside down, simply because a UPS driver disregarded my posted " No Trespassing" warning, opened my clearly posted gate, drove his truck into my property, and observed me on my own property, legally carrying my firearm.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I tracked my shipment. Informed me of early delivery on Saturday. I waited for the whole day. No delivery. Ended up, they rescheduled to original delivery to Monday. When I called..."
- "Package was shipped through the next day air saver shipment and was suppose to be delivered by Friday 12/5. However due to their inconsistency and lies the package was never..."
- "I am absolutely *** FURIOUS with ups... Someone had ordered me a sex machine from Amazon, and the store owner of the parcel that was ordered chose to use ups......"
- "Well I took my shih tzu in for his haircut came back to get him wasn't great but didn't care I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "Since FIFA 15 Coins are not real currency, they have to be purchased online. Due to its virtual utility, it cannot be earned like the real currency. There are several..."
- "Ordered the wireless head set from Mobstub online. They provided me a tracking number abs said it was sent through usps. After never receiving, i contacted usps. They said the..."
- "I payed for 3 items. And only got 2. It has been like 3 months and I do not have the last item. Either give me my money back or..."
- "I ordered the waterproof head set on our around Devendra 19th 2014. I received a tracking number. I received an email saying it was shipped. When it never was..."