I ordered a mattress and a futon from Overstock last week. Everything was scheduled to be delivered between Monday, July 7 and today, Wednesday. I took time off from work to make sure I was going to be here to receive my packages. I just moved to this apartment and have no furniture. I wanted to make sure I got my mattress so I didn't have to sleep on the floor.

Monday night I decided I had waited enough so I checked one last time the status on the delivery. It said the driver had attempted to make the delivery but that no one was there.

I called UPS immediately. All they had to say was "I'm sorry ma'am but you have to wait till tomorrow".

Next day, same thing. Same answer over the phone too.

Today they will be returning my things because I can't go myself to pick it up.

I live by myself, and I do not have a car. Now I have no mattress on futon. And all they had to say was "I'm sorry ma'am, but you have to understand that our employee was mugged in your building once and he is not allowed to go inside".

Great!!!

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #838319

And we have another who could have supported local business who would have delivered and set it up, but did not.

Was the pocket change you saved purchasing online really worth it, compared to dealing with a local business?

AND, if there are issues with your online purchase, you have to return it, (maybe having to pay the return shipping as well) lesson learned?