On 6/25/2014, we received a package shipped from Dish Network for a replacement receiver because ours was having technical issues. Our original one started working again in the interim between when we called for support and when this one was shipped out. Dish informed us that we should refuse the shipment of the package that we received.

1) We went to the ups store in Woodinville, WA, where we were told that they could not perform that service and that we should call ups directly to pick up the package from our address where the shipment was originally made.

2) When we did this, the first agent my husband spoke with did not enter the pickup in the system at all. No one came to pick up the package the next day as we were informed was going to be the case.

3) I called a second time on 7/3/2014 (at which time the agent told me that there was nothing scheduled for us for a pickup) and we were told it would be picked up today (Monday 7/7). No one has shown up.

4) I called back again today (7/7) and now the agent is giving me a line about it's been longer than 5 business days since we received the package and they can no longer do a shipment refusal. When I explained that the reason it's longer than 5 days is because no one from UPS is responding or picking up the package in a week, she was supposed to contact the shipper (Dish) and notify them about the situation and escalate the situation internally and to "keep my line open". It's been at least an hour now. And I am now on hold with Dish because I called them... They are trying to get through to your service right now and are having as much difficulty as I have had.

5) Dish agent tells me that ups has escalated this and it needs to be picked up by a driver. They will be calling me at 7:41pm (yes, exactly at 7:41pm)...

6) It is now 8pm and I haven't received a peep from UPS.

This is absolute nonsense. It's been longer than 5 business days because 3 times we have been refused pickup of this package in a week. We are trying to refuse this shipment so that we do not get charged for the equipment that we no longer need. I don't understand why this is so difficult.

Thank goodness Dish has stellar service. I officially hate UPS.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments