For the last six months I have had nothing but problems with UPS. They cannot seem to deliver in a timely fashion. The workers seem to have a reading problem. A package that left Memphis, TN last Monday, December 28, 2009 has yet to reach Charleston, SC on Sunday, January 3, 2010. It was listed for delivery on December 31, but now they have changed the date to Monday, January 4. There seems to be a problem as the package has arrived to the same location in West Columbia, SC several times. See for yourself.

Status: In Transit

12/30/2009 20:15:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] WEST COLUMBIA, SC, US

12/30/2009 12:59:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] KNOXVILLE, TN, US

12/30/2009 08:34:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] KNOXVILLE, TN, US

12/30/2009 03:38:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] NASHVILLE, TN, US

When I called Customer Service I was told that it was the fault of the shipper. This is a typical UPS excuse; it is always the fault of someone else. Charleston is about 2 hours from West Columbia. The package departed West Columbia 11:34 P.M. on December 30; it arrived at the same location at 6:36 A.M. the next morning. Where was the package for 7 hours?

There is some good news; my friends in Russia tell me that UPS is even worse there than in the USA. They tell me that the Russian Postal Service is better than UPS; I can now say the same for the US Postal Service.

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

The billing information was received on the 28th, but according to the tracking it wasn't actually sent until the 30th.Then you have the 31st and 1st as holidays, then the weekend.

January 4th is the correct delivery time.Even if it did in fact ship on the 28th, time guarantees are suspended during the busiest 2 weeks of the year, which is true of all carriers.