This store has employees and managers who give wrong information out.

I took a package to this location. I had a return shipping label for some equipment I received broken from UPS. Since the value was over $1000 they told me they could not accept the package and to take it back and call for a pickup. UPS Customer service now tells me they are not UPS and UPS is not responsible for problems at this particular UPS store location. I dissagree. They have UPS on their door and on their signage and shirts. They represent themselves as UPS but UPS does not consider them UPS.

When I called UPS Customer service, I spoke with many employees: Gian #IASC, then her supervisor Lisa, then her supervisor Monica then hers Mary Ella, then finally the UPS Customer Service Manager Derrick. Not one of these employees stood by the UPS name and took care of me the Customer. They just want to pass the buck. Meanwhile I still have a 50 pound box with broken equipment UPS delivered and UPS wont pick it up from me unless I pay an additional $10.32. Now they say I have to load it back up in my car and drive it to yet another UPS store.

Forget it. I will never, ever, ever use UPS again. I would rather take the box to FedEx and pay the shipping myself rather than deal with another worthless UPS employee. Not one of the supervisors or the manager would get this problem handled and save their reputation. They would rather leave a customer upset than eat the $10.32 pickup fee when their own UPS store told me that was what I had to do.

Worthless!!! I am all FedEx from now on!!

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Get a job so you can pay the $10.32.I am sure taking the box to FED EX with shipping would cost more.

Also does your mommy know you are spending $1000 of her money, I ask because of your childish namecalling by calling them worthless. I agree with the poster below me, that location you went to was a franchisee of UPS, have an adult explain this to you. You basically want them to break their contract and accept the package because you are too childish and immature to follow directions.

You need to grow up and learn how to follow instructions.They could get into trouble for accepting the package, and even lose their job, but you don't care as long as you get what you want, that not only makes you immature and childish but selfish as well.

to Anonymous Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #829264

You can't say something childish then immediately say something childish. Its hypocritical and you lose any credibility.

Mesa, Arizona, United States #817187

You are confused.

The UPS Store is a franchisee of UPS, but they are NOT UPS.UPS does not staff The UPS Store locations.

The UPS Store locations are not allowed by their contract with UPS to accept any package with a value over $1000, period.

Any such package must go directly to a UPS employee.

You can either a) go to a UPS staffed location/service center/customer counter, or b) pay to have the item picked up, as you were instructed.

to Follow directions Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #829263

The way they Franchise things isn't our problem and no such things are explained so how can we possibly know this? He wasn't exactly told why he was being charged.