I made a last minute purchase online over the weekend and needed expedited delivery since this was a Christmas gift. I live in Orlando, Florida and the purchase was from a retail store in North Carolina. I paid the $60.00 for UPS Next Day service. Using the online tracking the package did arrive at the local Orlando operations center this morning but was not loaded onto a delivery truck but still showed a delivery of 12/24/13. A couple of hours later the delivery has now been re-scheduled to Thursday 12/26/13 the day after Christmas. Ironically UPS Ground service from North Carolina is 2 days!

I did contacted UPS Customer Service because I thought I could go to the local UPS Operation Center and pick up the package at their Will Call which is open today. The customer service agent confirmed the package is at the local operations center but stated I could not pick it up before the scheduled delivery date. I reminded the agent that today (12/24/13) was the original scheduled delivery date. However the agent would not do anything to find a solution.

I personally feel I offered UPS a very easy and simple solution of picking up my package at their Will Call. Not only would I have an extra Christmas gift to give to my son to open on Christmas morning but this would have saved UPS money by not having to pay a driver to deliver the package and saved UPS the fuel costs to delivery the package. This was a win win solution for everyone. But for some reason UPS made the choice to let rules get in the way of providing great customer service.

Review about: Ups Pick Up Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments