1.1
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

We have always had trouble with UPS.It's almost always slow and very inconsistant due to poor management at every level.

We've had pakages delivered beyond the guaranteed delivery date (even despite paying extra for expedited delivery), packages being on the truck and out for delivery only to be not delivered that day for up to three days in a row (We had to go and pick it up ourselves at least once because they weren't delivering it even though it kept going out on the truck), pakages with changing delivery dates, ignoring changed delivery dates, 'we missed you' notes despite not needing a signature or someone present, etc. But today I'm here to complain about our most recent experience. We ordered something last week and it was shipped that Friday with a delivery date of the next Friday (Today, Dec 1, 2017). That delivery date stayed unchanged until today.

The package made it to Portland yesterday and the only consistant thing about UPS is that our packages always go out for delivery the day after making it to Portland. It left Portland this morning, still on time, but then returned to Portland four and a half hours later with a rescheduled delivery on Monday. I chatted with customer support which was of no use. I told her everything and the best she could come up with was to keep checking and contact them when it leaves Portland AGAIN to arrange for local pickup over the weekend which is a very long shot.

I asked if there was any way to get it delivered Saturday to which she replied that they didn't have Saturday delivery or pickup. I then pointed out that yes, they do indeed have Saturday delivery and gave her a link to the UPS site that confirmed it. She then admitted that they do have Saturday delivery and claimed that they can't do it now, the sender would have had to add it. I've had several packages delivered on Saturday in the past that weren't specifically shipped with weekend delivery so that's just BS as well.

This wouldn't be a huge issue if it had happened earlier in the week but now we're looking at a 3 day delay because of a last minute screwup on their part and they have nothing in place to make it right. The weekend was planned around this package being here today as UPS has said it would be from the start.

We've already been waiting 9 days since ordering (2 days before pick up for shipping + 7 days shipping (including the weekend)) and now they're tacking on 33% more time because they screwed up.If I had the choice then I'd never use UPS but they have a monopoly on merchant shipping despite cheaper, better options so I'm screwed 99% of the time.

Review about: Ups Ground Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Customer service and delivery, Customer support, Adherence to scheduled delivery date, Account impossible to make, Delivering.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments