3.6K views

Missed Delivery date by 3 days

Trace opened for lost Package

Told Package was returned to Shipper

Shipper had no idea about the return

Told Package was "Lost"

Hours upon Hours of searching found direct number to the UPS HUB. HUB Employees admit that they are days or even WEEKS Behind with their deliveries. The have no idea where our package is, or when/if it will ever be delivered. Final straw was their India Call Center agent arguing with me that "Arrival Scam" means that the package has "Left" the sort facility and is in route. Guess they need a little better lesson in English!

Here's Direct number, hope it helps someone.

972--686--2008

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #992895

so from where should I start....

long story short - worst customer service, dont want to do extra work for ONE customer.

Long story:

package shipped from an online store, paid double to be delivered 2 days before my son 1st birthday party(Friday) but guess what, IT WASNT DELIVERED UNTIL MONDAY EVENING!!!!!....

Called them, talked with MJ, NO HELP AT ALL. they just dont want to do extra work for one customer and funny thing was the package arrived at their facility in the morning of Friday so it should went out for delivery or for me to pick it up.

I WILL NEVER CHOOSE THIS SH****TY SERVICE EVER. FEDEX or USPS.

Thank you for the local number, which is totally not listed anywhere else!! Of course, they were of no help, but at least I had the satisfaction of giving them *** directly, rather than having to call the 800 number and speaking to someone in an overseas call center.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #764272

UPS is 'broken' and literally has no idea what is happening or where anything is at Mesquite, according to a phone call I got this morning from their Customer Relations department in response to an email I sent to the UPS US President, CEO and COO Christmas Eve after the Christmas presents they promised to deliver just kept sitting on their delivery truck day after day after day and not getting delivered. The package given to UPS Dec 12 was supposed to be delivered Dec.

17th. It arrived in Mesquite on the 17th and went out on it's 'first' scheduled delivery December 19th. It's has now been out 5 more times for delivery - but it never gets delivered! It just gets returned to Mesquite where it is once again put 'on vehicle and scheduled for delivery by end of day'.

The tracking information now shows - once again - that it has been rescheduled for delivery by the end of the day tomorrow after spending yet another day on the delivery truck and not getting delivered. UPS is giving token $25 gift cards to anyone who complains but there are thousands and thousands and thousands of parcels that they have failed to deliver this month, not just Christmas gifts but life-saving medicine, perishable foods and critical supplies. UPS has no idea where these parcels are - just that they are supposedly somewhere in their Mesquite hub- and no idea when, or even if, they will be delivered.

My advice - do not even think of using UPS, especially if you are sending anything to or through Texas. Use USPS as I intend to do from now on, because they delivered everything I sent through them on time or even early.

I can understand a day or two late because of the ice. But 7 days.

I can't get a hold of anyone to get a refund.

Their automatic system say not eligible and hangs up. They say they are too busy to answer my call with a human.

Anyone know how to challenge the no refund

We are currently waiting on 3 different shipments that are caught up in the Dallas mess. We live in the DFW area, yet I can't even get thru to have someone hold them there for pick-up.

I shipped 4 packages out of DFW last Monday (before I knew about their utterly ridiculous back-up or I wouldn't have given them a penny). Those items arrived @ their destinations in time or early. Glad the outgoing was @ least working.

I'm also glad my youngest kid is 18, because 2 of the packages being held hostage by UPS are the boxes of gifts from their out of state grandparents. Six sigma needed

After paying $107.00 to guarantee delivery of my package to Garland Texas it seems to have disappeared in the Mesquite mess. It was last scanned leaving Charlotte on 12/18.

I am beyond furious that the UPS store in Mount Pleasant SC took my money and failed to inform me that the delivery would likely be delayed. If had known last week of these issues I could've sent the package through another carrier.

Now there are going to be disappointed children at tomorrow"s gift exchange. Way to go UPS ..

My package has been stuck in Dallas and Mesquite for 2 weeks and customer service has been terrible. They are still blaming it on the ice storm.

Mesquite, TX, United States 12/17/2013 1:10 P.M. Destination Scan

Mesquite, TX, United States 12/16/2013 3:00 P.M. Your package encountered a delay. We expect your delivery will be postponed by one business day.

12/16/2013 2:12 A.M. Arrival Scan

Dallas, TX, United States 12/16/2013 1:41 A.M. Departure Scan

Dallas, TX, United States 12/10/2013 11:00 P.M. Network disruption due to prior weather conditions, check ups.com for further updates.

12/10/2013 4:49 P.M. Arrival Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 12/10/2013 2:20 A.M. Departure Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 12/09/2013 4:46 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 12/09/2013 8:33 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Austin, Texas, United States #761780

Does anyone know how long "one business day" is at UPS? Mine seem to be more.

Mesquite, TX, United States 12/20/2013 1:00 P.M. Your package encountered a delay. We expect your delivery will be postponed by one business day.

Mesquite, TX, United States 12/19/2013 3:00 P.M. Your package encountered a delay. We expect your delivery will be postponed by one business day.

12/19/2013 4:00 A.M. Arrival Scan

Dallas, TX, United States 12/19/2013 3:29 A.M. Departure Scan

Dallas, TX, United States 12/17/2013 9:23 A.M. Arrival Scan

12/17/2013 9:00 A.M. Your package encountered a delay. We expect your delivery will be postponed by one business day.

Memphis, TN, United States 12/16/2013 5:27 P.M. Departure Scan

12/16/2013 2:22 P.M. Arrival Scan

Roanoke, VA, United States 12/16/2013 4:29 A.M. Departure Scan

Roanoke, VA, United States 12/13/2013 5:41 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 12/13/2013 1:48 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

to Postponed One Day Echo echo ec #1362566

They say everything's bigger in Texas.... Lol....

Dear UPS Corporate Members,

I cannot comprehend why your spokesperson released a statement last week to a Texas newspaper saying the delay in Texas would be resolved as of that week. "Expect deliveries to be made this week," said Susan Rosenberg, a corporate spokesperson for UPS. "If they don’t arrive by Friday, customers can expect to be notified on when the delivery will be made." (1)This is now a week after that reply, 3 weeks after the ice storm and still you have trucks sitting in various distribution centers in Texas that have not been unloaded in days! You have Facebook reps posting, "We are working overtime and delivering throughout the weekend to those affected'. HOWEVER that is untrue because the packages sitting on the trucks are not being delivered until Monday and after.

The thing is you knew this was going on, you have had 3 weeks of issues and could have planned well in advance for the final rush week and yet you decided profit was more important than customer service. The shame here is that folks are waiting for packages in an area that has NO weather issues, NO road issues, and the only hold up is that you are not sending enough employees to help with the backlog. The other disappointing thing here is you had a chance to hire those who are jobless to help with your overload. Let's face it - unloading trucks is NOT rocket science. You could have hired interns or even high school seniors and paid them min wage to get through this period.

You knew about this rush, you knew you would be shipping this many and more packages, and yet you failed to prepare across the board. You have trucks sitting unloaded for days, phone lines that cannot handle the volume of calls, and CSR reps who are beyond stressed. You have drivers pointing fingers at one another because of the UPS thefts happening in Superior, Colorado where trucks are being followed and packages stolen right off the front porch as your drivers deliver. You have Distribution Centers like the one in League City, Texas that is simply not answering their phones any longer. You have a Facebook page that is being slammed with posts from people who are having issues - they are posting because your phone lines are overloaded and booting them off.

It seems to me that you just gave up weeks ago and figured you didn't care how bad this shipping season would be for your customers and your workers. You ignored an opportunity that could have boosted your public image and instead have become one of the most distrustful shipping company around. You are just barely beginning to see the backlash of your failure unfolding today.

To the workers at UPS who are handling the trucks, deliveries and phone lines - Thank you. Now I know some of us are yelling at you and blaming you for the lack of deliveries but please know we are not mad at you just mad at your bosses. I know we are stressing you out but please be patient a bit longer - we are just as overwhelmed as you are and worried about our loved ones not having a Christmas because their presents have been sitting in a truck in Texas for 2 weeks. So when you start to get mad at us just know we do understand even if we do not seem like it at that time. Let's face it - it isnt like the corporate guys are willing to come down and help you out is it? So we know you are doing your best and hope you have a very happy holidays.

To the Shippers who are very upset and perhaps still waiting for packages - well it seems like we are in that spot between a rock and a hard place but there are still options to consider. You can make formal complaints with places like the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Reports, Ripoff Reports, make posts, write letters, create petitions or perhaps write an article for your local paper. I know this does not help you with your package issues but for me creating this letter did help me reduce stress I have been feeling every time I track a package to see it still sitting in a truck waiting to be unloaded.

- Just one of millions who unfortunately shipped UPS this Holiday Season

Resources & Quotes:

Fulfillment centers around Texas are doing what they can to process as many packages as possible, but sending in UPS employees from other parts of the United States may not be enough because the backlog may have reached an unsustainable point. However, they're doing their best, a UPS spokesperson explained. "In addition, our drivers who might not normally work on Saturdays were called in for deliveries. Expanded sorts are underway this week." - See more at: http://ketchconsulting.com/home/2013/12/18/texans-may-not-receive-packages-and-mail-in-time-for-the-holidays/#sthash.tnEfOpze.dpuf

Superior ColoradoTheft: http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=369525

UPS admits it has a problem with the storm’s backlog, but confirmed it handled 29,000,000 parcels worldwide on Monday – the most this season. Officials with the company say they plan to keep people and equipmentworking overtime until the backlog is gone. http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/12/18/delivery-woes-leave-customers-worries-about-mailed-christmas-gifts/

Numerous Customer Issues: https://www.facebook.com/ups

UPS should stop accepting new orders if the backlog is already beyond 2 wks. i have old packages delayed in Mesquite and Dallas for 1-2 weeks, and now a new one arrived in Dallas yesterday - guess what? "expect one business day delay", all over again?!!

I hate receiving an email from UPS that my package will be delivered later that day. Their service is called MY UPS but it's not mine in any form or fashion. Basically, the package continues to sit in the trailer, systems sends a message to make you think its coming, then late that night when it doesn't, you check the status to see that it encountered a delay again, with no message of the delay, but then a couple of days later, same message it will be delivered that day between 1PM and 5:30PM, and at 11PM at night, suddenly shows delay again. Funny though, UPS changes the "words" on the online tracking way late and sometimes it will say being delivered with same date as today, but then later, shows In Transit, or Exception, Delayed Again. I called UPS rep who said there was no way one of my business shipments was going to be delivered, because it wasn't even in the state yet, even though it showed delivery today AND they sent me a message to expect delivery today. What a rollercoaster! BTW. UPS has a second tracking system you can't see, so when you call, ask the rep to check the real tracking info on the package, it may actually have beneficial information like, I asked why a package that was Out for Delivery suddenly wasn't out for delivery later, and rep said "in the other tracking system they use" it showed the truck was too full to take my package today, so they returned it to the sort. But, sadly, it must have gotten shuffled to the end of the line again, because now two days later, it still hasn't been resorted to be put out for delivery again. Here's an example of confusing delay messages. notice how its going to be delayed one day, but then suddenly goes to another hub, only to be delayed again, and notice there is nothing showing its going to be delivered, so I'm guessin next week. Also, 13 days for 3-Day Select seems like too many for an expensive shipment, when new shipments arrive next day! I understand life is hard - UPS needs someone to help them manage the business but better, forecast business trends so they can anticipate the future. For now, we demand everything coming into Dallas must be shipped to us FedEx.

12/19/2013 4:00 A.M. Arrival Scan

Roanoke, VA, United States 12/16/2013 4:29 A.M. Departure Scan

Roanoke, VA, United States 12/13/2013 5:41 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 12/13/2013 1:48 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Columbus, Georgia, United States #761348

I have packages suck in Mesquite Texas UPS center that I should have receive by 12/18/13, but no one in customer service knows where my package is. ..

really what the ***. :sigh

Richardson, Texas, United States #760139

I am concerned for small business owners who have Christmas inventory in transit. I ordered a pair of boots from a small shoe store on Dec 1 and they have yet to be delivered. The store's inventory, including my boots, are stuck at one of the DFW facilities.

UPS has proven themselves incompetent to handle adversity reasonably. Large companies ALWAYS have contingency plans.

Admittedly the weather was a factor in DFW, but packages ordered after the backlog are getting delivered while the the backloggers are treated disrespectfully.

It won't be forgotten next time I need shipping services. The only recourse one has is to use another shipping service next time they ship. If a lot of people use this strategy, problem solved for UPS since they won't have as much to deliver.

Bridgeport, Texas, United States #760136

I have over $200,000 in inventory that sat in mesquite that was shipped December 2nd. It was finally delivered today totally screwed our busy season up. :(

When they finally delivered it was not our regular driver and it came in a uhaul van

Their drivers are great and always helpful.

Their management team is the bottom 5% at New Deli A&M and they consistently lie about package status.

to RO #761399

Here's an idea - why not move the UPS trailers that keep sitting and can't be unloaded to an outsourced package handler. Send half your trucks to FedEx, let them unload and deliver, you'll have half your packages delivered in a few days, and the most important people, the customers win.

Outsourcing is a good idea UPS!!!!

I believe they post invalid package tracking to cover themselves so they can advertise on time deliveries (stats that help them sell). I've seen first hand new shipments delivered next day and old shipments sit for days if not over a week+. I think they oversold and had no hope of making the commitments. It was all about the cash and you're right, UPS doesn't tell you the whole truth with tracking info.

I checked and it is true that calling UPS the agent can look in another system and tell you there really is no way a package is going to make it. You'll never see a message at UPS.com that says driver dropped it a wrong house or it was missorted twice, or we didn't plan for high volume in December, so package got delayed. Seriously, packages were delayed in Atlanta and other parts of the US too, no ice, now snow, no weather related issues. UPS told me they weren't counting on having this much business.

Weather, too much business, whatever - I don't care the excuse, but how about telling us when we'll get our packages truthfully.

Yeah - if my package was 13 days on a 3 day select, I would be demanding more than a refund, but no refunds. UPS says no refunds afte december 3rd, which is when they planned to drop the ball.

UPS is getting pretty pathetic. Pretty bad when the US Postal Service outperforms you for a week. Jeez.

I have huge inventory held up in Mesquite since the 13th, no tracking updates or anything. Still says "Mesquite, TX, United States 12/13/2013 10:00 A.M.

Network disruption due to prior weather conditions, check ups.com for further updates." It is now the 17th, I understand there was ice, but how is it my orders from Fedex and USPS were delivered on time and went through the same area? Was it really the weather or did somebody seriously screw something up?

We waited until after the ice storm to mail but package is still unaccounted for, supposedly "in Mesquite TX". Pkg.

mailed in AZ, but UPS passed Ft. Worth driving 60 miles east into the worst of ice still on ground. FtW was thawed out. Poor, poor service.

USPS is delivering in same area without problems. Boo on UPS