We moved into a new home and have been getting a lot of incorrect mail.I brought everything to the post office and they informed me they couldn't take one package back bc it was shipped by UPS.

I then brought it to a UPS store where I was told I had to call UPS to schedule a pickup of this package. After a frustrating conversation with a phone robot I finally got a human on the phone. She informed me that since it had been more than 5 days we could not return the package bc "someone has to pay for the shipping"!?!?!? She told us to contact the company the item came from.

I've had about enough and am ready to throw this thing in the garbage.UPS you guys are jerks.

This person wrote the review because of problem with delivery at Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ups to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ups ups domestic mail services for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

UPS already did their part, which was deliver the package.Even though you are not the correct recipient, you are the correct address, which is what matters to them on a delivery.

However, they will take packages back within a reasonable time period (5 days), as long as it has not been opened or obviously tampered with. Beyond that, they will not, because it becomes their responsibility again, and they have no way of knowing if the package is in the original condition.

Also, when you return something to sender, the original sender is who foots the bill.

If you contact the sender, they should be able to send you a return shipping label; or, you can contact the intended recipient (UPS often has the receiver's phone number of the box) and ask them what they want you to do with it.It is an unfortunate situation that you're in, but the fault rests solely on the person who sent it to the wrong place to begin with, not on you or UPS.