3.5

I ordered an item which was shipped from Austin TX on Monday Nov 24, It was due to be delivered today Friday November 28. I even received a notice it was being delivered today. As late as noon the UPS site said it was due to be delivered today. The package was last scanned at Secaucus, NJ, Wednesday at 11:45 PM. Normally it gets to Nanuet an hour or two later. It should have gotten to Nanuet around 4 AM today and been delivered today.

UPS site now says delivery on Tuesday December 2 between 3 and 7 PM. A delay of 4 days. I spoke to a supervisor, she did not know what happened but thought it could have been too much volume. Claimed my package was in a trailer at the Meadowlands. Usually they make their date, often delivery a day early.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Delivery Nov 29.

I didn't like: Had no idea why package was late.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

bsicherman
Spring Valley, New York, United States #910643

I was contacted by UPS Social Media.They provided an email address of help@ups.com.

They apologized for missing the delivery schedule but claimed it was seasonal volume. The package actually arrived 11 AM Monday.

Amazingly I ordered something else which was shipped Fedex.

They gave me a date of 12/3, it was delivered a day early.

I understand volume and capacity, in the case UPS seemed out of control when they should be at the top of their game.

Dallas, Texas, United States #907479

There are some factors that come into this, but without better tracking info, I will have to guess here.

It arrived at 11:45, I have to guess.

Then, consider UPS was closed Thursday for Thanksgiving.

Add in the baclog from the snow that hit, it does not clear up on its own, therefore, a delay is to be expected.