3.4
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

After being overcharged many times at local UPS Store, I always take my shipments to the local UPS depot now. Surprise: I was ripped off there too...

My 84" package was measured as 90" and my 44" package was measured as 48" and each was surcharged $12. When I complained I was first told that they were surcharged b/c the shipping tubes were round (non standard). After reading through the "non standard" info on their website, I called back and confronted them. They had another person call me back (better lie's) and change the story saying the surcharges were for oversize.

I don't believe that either package was oversize and certainly not the 44" one. When I was in business I was an early adopter ('60's) of UPS and never had a problem of any kind and certainly not in understanding the rules.

Taking things apart, shipping in 2 boxes, so they weren't oversize or overweight; paying surcharge for non standard packaging when the item was shipped bare. Done with UPS, won't do business with cheaters.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ups 3 Day Select Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 19.

Comments