Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I cannot believe the terrible service I've received and the stress I've been through because of UPS. I called them on June 18 to let them know that I needed my shipment to be held and delivered after July 1st as I had not moved in yet to the delivery address (items bought on best buy that told me that I could pick any day for delivery, which was not true).

Their agent tracked my shipment but told me that he could not change the delivery date at that time as the items were currently being labeled. I stressed the urgency of the situation, telling him I don't live at that place yet, and could not afford to notify them of the change too late. He told me it's never too late as the driver can be notified at any time of the change. Delivery was not scheduled until June 25-27, so I had time to call them back and make the change.

Today (June 19) I received an email notification that the items had been delivered!! I totally panicked not knowing what had happened to my items. I had ordered 2 pieces of furniture, not just some small cheap item. Let me tell you what happened.

The items were taken to the address where I don't live in (despite my communication with their agent less than 24h before), the current tenant not sure about what was going opened the door for them and they dumped the furniture at the lobby and then just left before he even had a chance to go downstairs and talk to them. Luckily for me he was kind enough to agree to keep the furniture in his apartment until I move in.

Then the 2 of us had to transport more than 80lbs up to the 4th floor (no elevator in the building), risking to actually being injured, as the building management does not allow items left in the lobby. This is the most outrageous thing that has happened to me and I'm taking this complaint to the highest level possible as well as posting on all available forums.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

UPS Cons: Way they drop off my packages, Customer service and delivery, Abandoned product when not allowed, Irresponsibility, Indifference.

• UPS fail