According to the online tracking information, our three packages arrived in our city on Thursday, Feb.6.

They were scanned, and on Friday, Feb. 7, they showed online as "out for delivery." They never arrived, and the online info was changed late in the afternoon to indicate that "Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control" prevented delivery. Many roads in our area are snow-covered, but ours has been clear since Wednesday, so we should be easily accessed. We assumed the packages would be delivered Saturday, the next day.

Not so! We finally called and were told that our packages would be delivered Monday, Feb. 10. When I asked why the packages that couldn't be delivered on Friday weren't "first in line" for Saturday's run, I was referred to another department; however, I couldn't speak to anyone in that department.

Instead, I had to leave contact information so they could "call me back." I provided the info UPS asked for, sat on hold for about three minutes, and was told they'd be in touch.....on Monday.

I hung up.Sad to think a company like this draws business away from the USPS.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States #783415

"Many roads in our area are snow-covered, but ours has been clear since Wednesday, so we should be easily accessed."

And how many roads are there between your house and the UPS hub? Your one street is not a good indication of the condition of other roads or even worse every other road in the area.