I am a builder and lately I find myself shopping for a lot of my lighting and plumbing fixtures online because the local suppliers don't keep stock.I recently ordered some plumbing fixtures which were shipped UPS ground under 6 different tracking numbers.

(We normally see the same UPS driver frequently. in fact when we pass each other on the road he waves. Apparently he's away or something.) All 6 packages where addressed identically with my name and the company name on them but no suite number. The first 2 arrived without incident.

The other 4 were returned to the sender and have to be reordered because they lacked a suite number on the shipping label. Our office building is 2 stories, with an elevator and 8 offices per floor. There is a marquis in the lobby with all the names of the businesses and the corresponding suite numbers on it. i guess the substitute driver can't read or use a marquis.

More likely, he's lazy. You see the other 4 packages weigh between 50 and 60 pounds.

I believe he just didn't want to deal with the heavy package.

The delay in the packages is causing me to delay my customer's job.GOOD WORK UPS!

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Richardson, Texas, United States #852390

That is the fault of the Shipper for not including the Suite # in the address.

The Driver does not have a suite #, He or She moves on to the next stop.

An incomplete address is not the fault of the Driver, the blame falls on the the Shipper, so complain about them instead.

to Walt #853560

Agreed.

Driver's unfortunately don't have a whole bunch of time like everyone thinks to look for a marquis and try and find the business.