My elderly mother ( who lives in BC ) ordered something from the US and was charged a pretty penny for shipping via UPS ( and was never informed about the brokerage fees).The item and shipping was paid in full at the time of ordering.

When she ordered it , she used my address in Ontario as the "ship to" address, as it was a Christmas gift for my grandchildren who l will be seeing at Christmas. The UPS delivery person came 2 days in a row while I was at work. I called UPS to see if I could either find out if the delivery could be done in the evening ( when I'm home from work) OR if I could pick it up somewhere local. I was informed that the driver would make one more attempt and then the package would be returned to the US.

My only options were to either pay extra to have it delivered to another location ( which wasn't possible), drive to their shipping centre ( 1.5 hrs away and come with certified cheque or money order- because they don't take cash, or credit cards) or see if I could find someone who would be willing to sit around at my house all day to wait for the delivery ( all my friends and neighbours work too!) When I asked for a closer pick up location, I was told that although other locations are available , it was not an option because the "shipper" ( isn't that UPS???) had specified that it could ONLY be left at the specified center!!! I felt that I was being treated like a criminal just to be able to retrieve a package that had already been paid for!! Because it is a Christmas gift for my grandkids, I have no alternative but to make the 1.5 hr drive , pay for gas and a money order to the UPS Center. $30 in shipping fee's were prepaid, they are charging $32 for brokerage fee's and I HAVE TO GO PICK IT UP???

What the ***??

I will make sure to NOT PURCHASE anything where the only shipping option is UPS.If anything else ever unknowingly comes via UPS , I'll be telling them to keep it!

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments