Dear Mr. Davis:

I am writing you as the Chief Executive Officer of UPS, because you are the person who is ultimately responsible for, and I hope accountable for, everything that happens in your company. I write to tell you that my daughter will have no Christmas present this year because UPS -- and, specifically, the West 43rd Street Convention hub facility in Manhattan, NY -- lost her package. Mr. Davis, the economy is faltering, and my husband and I do not have the income at present to put a different present under the tree for her.

I ordered a boxed movie set for my six-year-old daughter via Amazon's one day shipping service. My tracking number is: XYZ12345. If you look on your system, it will show as still "out for delivery" to me. I called UPS up until midnight 12/23 -- the day that the package was expected -- wondering why it was not delivered. Silly me. I was finally informed this morning, Christmas Eve, that it is lost. If I were to trust www.ups.com, I would still be waiting for the delivery, because, again, it still says, even at this moment, "out for delivery" on your website tracking system.

The package was scanned into the NYC facility on West 43rd Street in Manhattan on the morning of 12/23. No one knows what happened to my package since that time. It cannot even be confirmed that the package made it onto the truck or not. Even though a West 43rd Street supervisor, Pam Munroe, has looked for the package, she, nor anyone else, has provided any explanation of its whereabouts. I cannot reach whomever is in charge of the facility (Mr. Al Falco?) by phone, because I was informed that he was "in a meeting" or/alternatively "everyone is gone until Tuesday." It is hard for me to believe absolutely no one is available to oversee your facility on Christmas Eve. I have no choice but to believe that it is another ruse by UPS to separate the customer from any source of accountability.

I must come up with a way to explain to my child that Santa could not deliver her present for the holiday. If this were not bad enough, this is the second time I have been out of a present for one of my children on Xmas due to UPS's ineptitude, negligence, and, perhaps, theft. I have dealt with the West 43rd Street facility before and spoke to a Mr. Gary Graham about a lost package for my child several years ago. Again, no explanation was given, no accountability, no remedy, no nothing.

I cannot believe that this is how a billion-dollar company is run or how the West 43rd Street Convention Hub in Manhattan handles itself. I thought packages were scanned at every turn. How does a package enter a facility and simply disappear? Please let me know how this situation will be rectified. Clearly, it is too late for Christmas tomorrow. I am not interested in receiving the package on Tuesday. Tuesday does not work for Christmas for a six-year-old child.

A very merry holiday to you all. I hope it is better than my child's will be.

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Comments

Brooklyn, New York, United States #917053

You only got your kid a few movies?

Lol this sounds like a *** for sure...

UPS doesn't care they only care about making the stock go up

Looks like "looks like" is exactly what it looks like, an @sshole to the n"th degree.

Maybe you should have done your Christmas shopping a little bit earlier.

What is a ***.

Do you think thats the worst thing that could happen to ruin christmas? Christmas is not about presents and When I was a child,sometimes santa didnt get paid intil after christmas so my parents would say he was over worked or something and might come the next night.

Things happen it's called life and I would only hold you responsable for taking santa away from your daughter...

I think your alittle on the wacky side..

looks like your having the period *** ! :grin :grin :grin

Hey wtf! look at page 2.

It's all about the alphabet and numbers.

Obvious your in way over your head. Go back to school and get a education dumb***

Hey Tasha, get your head out of your ***.. Next time your sitting down and you go to get up take a look at where your sitting, If there's a wet spot it's an indication that your head might be coming out of your ***!

nikalseyn

To paraphrase "the early bird catches the worm", I would say "she who orders early gets it delivered."

Forget the fact that you waited till the last minute to order your daughter a gift. Don't let the obvious fact that ups dropped the ball be deflected onto you!

THAT IS CLASSIC UPS! They are always screwing things up because all that company cares about is money, not you!

I encourage you to call their customer service and complain! Dont beat yourself, no one is perfect, but ups should be held accountable!

I will admit all of those comments were from me. I made the mistake of waiting till the last minute to order my daughters gift.

My husband and I order our gifts weeks ago but waited till the last minute to buy hers.

I don't think waiting till the last minute to get my daughter a gift while my husband and I get ours early makes me a bad mother. Please just leave me alone because you're upsetting me and my husband.

You obviously waited till the very last minute to order your child a gift. What a great parent you're waiting till the last minute to order her a gift.

Maybe this will teach you not to wait till the last minute to buy your own kid a gift. Hopefully this also teaches your spoiled kid that the holidays are about being with family and friends and not about gifts.

WHY did you wait till the last minute to order your item? This is the busiest time of year for all the UPS, Fed Ex,and USPS.

You obviously waited till the last minute to order your item?

These folks are human, and mistakes happen. Lack of planning on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on theirs.

Beverly76

To the IP investigator and the tone intoner, you are both wrong. This is a joke of a board, I hope you please delete me from your roster, your registry, your permission files, whatever.

I am sorry I ever posted here...

Merry Xmas.

Beverly76

To whomever is calling themselves the so-called "Moderator"-- I'll bet it does match! Thanks for your "moderation." What a joke...

Oh well. Bye now.

Hey there "I Agree"--

I DIDNT TELL MY DAUGHTER ANYTHING! THE FIRST PERSON WHO POSTED A REPLY TO MY LETTER TO MR. DAVIS WAS A FAKE POSTER using my name "Beverly76." Thanks for your comments.

Hey there, The One,

If every carrier is lousy, why are you here? Why do I sound like I am crying any more than anyone else here.

NO carrier is perfect and I didn't CHOOSE UPS. Amazon did.

My bad for ordering Amazon. That won't happen again.

In response to the two comments below, I am the original poster. I never posted the first response below.

I never told my daughter anything about her being naughty. This is a malicious fake comment made to look like mine. ALL I DID WAS WRITE TO UPS. I HAVENT TOLD MY DAUGHTER ANYTHING YET.

I WOULD NEVER TELL HER SHE WAS NAUGHTY AS THE REASON FOR HER RUINED XMAS. It is completely and utterly UPS' fault!!!

I've got a question for you... if UPS did the same thing a few years ago, why did u use UPS again?

I'm not saying that what UPS did it's ok but u should know that s**t happens... and let's be honest, UPS, USPS, FEDEX, DHL... they all do the same BS... when you find the "perfect" carrier...

let us know

And by the way, you sound like a little girl crying, telling everybody that u didn't get what u wanted... shame on u