Shipped a 50 year old pair of heirloom quality speakers. UPS damaged one of the pair. I filed for a freight claim as I had insured them for the full value. That was omn 08/09/2014. They inspected found no issues with packing and issued claim on 08/15. Called over and over and got the same thing check would be issued on ten days. At some point a they advised me the claim was reduced to 1500 as only one speaker was damaged??? What good is one stereo speaker that is so rare you cannot but another one. Now these two speakers were made right next to each other back in 1957.

So claim wa reduced to 1500, then they told me that as I dropped packages off at a UPS store the claim was reduced to a max of 1000. Nowhere in the shipping and labelling or dropoff process does it say anything about this value ceiling on items. And even though I had to drop a form off for the driver to sign acknowleging this value noone at the UPS store advised me of this limit. Course I paid a premium that was associated with that 3000 dollar value.

So my $1000 check was paid and shipped/mailed 08/29. Never rec'd and was told I had to wait ten business days. On the 14th they claim to have issued another check. Never rec'd as of 10/01.

Now I can understand one l;ost check but two?? and the second one they couldn't even have overnighted it? So now here we are waiting til 10/06 to request yet another payment.

Now for those of you that don't know UPS farms this insurance work out to another company. Which of course profits by every dollar they do not pay. And not a person (and I sent a letter to the CEO) has offered a solution

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments