Featured Not resolved
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I purchased a vintage lucite chair, very carefully packaged it and spent $250 to have it shipped to me.It arrived broken, in three pieces.

When the UPS driver delivered it, he commented on how damaged the box appeared. Guess what??!!! Not only am I out a very expensive chair, but also the $250 to have it shipped. They denied my claim, as well as my dispute saying it wasn't packaged correctly.

I had spent over $100 on shipping supplies because this chair was very important to me.

Expensive lesson learned.I will NEVER ship UPS again, and will make sure I spread this word to everybody who considers using this service.

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Refund for broken chair as well as return of $250 I spent on shipping.

I liked: Nice ups driver.

I didn't like: Damaged property and lack of their taking responsibility.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

I used to ship handpainted and handmade footstools via UPS.I would spend about $35 on the packaging, bubble wrap, double boxes, tape - lots of strong tape.

Then I would insure the boxes. UPS would damage the boxes through what I assume was rough handling. Sometimes it looked like they ran over the boxes! They would pick up the damaged package, hold it for weeks, then refuse to pay the insurance claim because they said the item was inadequately packaged.

They're horrible.

They never pay their claims.

I would walk my packages to their destination before I would use them again.

USPS may be sloppy with their delivery, but they pay their insurance claims quickly and without any BS.

Who the h*** would ever choose to ship a vintage Lucite chair by UPS???

New York, New York, United States #1293113