I am very unhappy with UPS. I live in Sherman, Texas and I am planning my wedding to a wonderful man in October. I recently was sent a package from a printing copy with my wedding invitations. The contents were 100 personalized DVD cases, inserts, and DVD's roughly costing 550.00 dollars.

The address for the package destination was correct in the UPS system. When I was tracking the package it stated that it was out for delivery in Mesquite, Texas which is over 70 miles from my location. I was concerned but I was at the time not familiar with their delivery practices. So I just assume a driver from Mesquite would be delivering my invites. The date of delivery was Friday May 21,2010, no package arrive.

Saturday morning I checked the UPS tracking number, it now stated that it was delivered and the shop manager signed for it at 1pm. I never received this package nor had any neighbors received it. So I went to the Sherman UPS office they were closed but a very nice employee (Brandy) took pity on me and did some research. She found out the package was never scanned in or out at the Sherman, TX UPS location. Seeing that I was very anxious about the location of my wedding invites, she then went further in researching saw that the last location of the package was Richardson, TX. She then called customer she also stated that she was not familiar with why the driver put such a generalized location for the item. After she talked with them for about 30min she was told that there was nothing She could do and to contact the shipper to file a claim that would start an investigation.

Fast forward to Monday, May 24,2010, I contacted the Shipper. I did not get a response so I then contacted customer service, I spoke with a women(did not get name) who also stated to contact shipper. I explained that I had but that I am the receiver of the package can the investigation not go ahead and start. She then made some calls, I was on hold for about an hour. She was very nice, she stated that she was not able to get any information. She contacted the shipper by phone while I was on hold and told me that the tracer had been put on the package. The shipper then contacted me, told me that UPS is investigating. Here is my issue, the Shipper is now telling me that if UPS does not refund the entire project total that I would have to repay to have them reprinted.

About an hour later I checked the tracking number for the status of the package hoping that maybe they located it and it would be on its way. The status stated that a tracer was put on the item with the Sherman, Tx UPS location. That made not sense to me, they never even scanned the item in how would they trace its location. I then called the Sherman location directly spoke to Damentria who stated that she did not see the tracer but agreed with me and that the tracer should have been attached to the Richardson, Tx UPS location.

I then called the Richardson TX location directly and spoke with Hans. He explained to me that the package was sent to Microsoft and that when that has happened in the past that the mark the package as a lost. Its not lost.. Stated several times that is was their fault, that I needed to contact the shipper and requested that I have the shipper call him directly. I explained to him that I cant afford to have to pay to get these reprinted. Nor do I have time to wait possibly months to get this resolved. I don't understand, this happened Friday May 21st at 1pm, businesses are closed on the weekend. Surely my package can be retrieved. How difficult would it be for the driver to return to that location 2 days later and get the package.

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments