I recently sent a package to South Africa and when I called to find out about the amount I had to pay for my package I was told it was R 826 on their system.I then authorised them to debit my card with this amount.

After about an hour I saw R1 826 come off my account which was 1000 over what was communicated to me. Then I called to ask what was happening and Marverick the one who had debited my account hung up the phone on me when I asked him why they took more money off my account than authorised. UPS had no right to take this money off and when I called to speak to the supervisor and explain my situation he explained it away saying that their system was wrong then I asked him what their procedure was to make payment and he said they check system then invoice then alert the customer of the amount owed. I called to make payment and this procedure was not followed apparently as I was only told of R826 and authorised this amount but now I had been stolen from.

This is not right and not legal.

Noone should be able to do this and UPS needs to correct this.THIS IS HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL and UPS should also train your staff to deal with customers and also data capture accurately.

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue of ups account from Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $180 and wants Ups to offer any options to resolve the issue.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments