So I am getting a package delivered to my house tomorrow, but I am a working stiff, M-F at work.Just called UPS to see what my options are for delivery.

I am told the package can be held at the delivery "station"......which is also only open M-F!! I asked if the package can be dropped off on our front porch, which is covered and has a small wall to keep the package from street view. I was told that it would be at the discretion of the driver, but he would have to post a label first (on first delivery attempt) saying whether or not HE thought it would be OK to leave package. NOT MY CHOICE????

It's my package.I would be willing to waive any liability, but no...not my choice.

No option to drop it off at a UPS store......probably only available to those who pay the price to have that option.

I don't know, feels kinda like extortion....pay us more and we'll deliver it to a location you can go to on weekends.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

MattD78
Orlando, Florida, United States #818719

You can also try to leave a signed note on your door stating that UPS is authorized to leave the package and waived of any liability/responsibility.

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #818512

So you ordered a package and agreed on shipping terms with the seller by doing business with them. Now, you want to complain that the shipper, who's only part in this is to take said package from the seller to the buyer, refuses to work around your schedule and abides by their company policy to give their workers two days a week off to do as they wish. Why didn't you drive to a store during the time you are not working and buy whatever you wanted from a local person and put money back into your community?