I shipped a package from my home in New Jersey to my son in New York, then went on a trip to Canada. The package disappeared. When I called UPS, the one number they provide decides, based on your location, whether you speak to a U.S. or Canada rep. I was - without notification or choice - routed to the Canadian reps. I waited on hold for 45 minutes to find out that I had been routed to the wrong country. Another 40 minutes or so of hold was required for me to talk to the U.S. rep, who then put me on hold for about 30 minutes with the tracing department, who sent me for more than 50 minutes of hold with the investigations department. When I got disconnected and had to start again. I TRIED CALLING FIVE TIMES WITH THIS SAME RESULT AND SIMILAR HOLD TIMES. In addition, on the most recent call, the agent lied to me, promising I wouldn't get placed on hold again. Thirty minutes of hold later.....

Note on value of loss: I include loss of package, cost of shipping, and cost of cell phone time.

I understand packages will periodically be lost. There is no excuse for customer service reps who lie, and there is absolutely no excuse for a phone system that redirects your call to another country without notification or options.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments