Verified Reviewer

1.6

Amazon shipped my package using UPS. Per the UPS website the package was received in the Springfield VA facility on 12/3/2020 at 7:17 am and went "out for delivery" at 7:48 am.

Received an email from UPS on 12/3/2020 at 9:35 am saying the package was on its way and would be delivered by 9 pm. Package did not arrive. Received another email from UPS on 12/3/2020 at 10:02 pm saying that the delivery was rescheduled for 12/04/2020 and would be delivered by 9 pm that night. At 11:06 pm on 12/03/2020 UPS updated the status on their website to read "The delivery of your package has been rescheduled based on your shipment instructions for the carrier." I never requested that it be rescheduled.

The package was not delivered on 12/04/2020.

I contacted UPS on 12/04/2020 and it appears that they have no idea what is going on with the package. They said that just because their website indicates that the package is "out for delivery" that it doesn't necessarily mean that the package is actually out for delivery on a truck or vehicle. They claimed that the package was never actually scanned (SKU'd) at their facility. They cannot estimate when the package will be delivered nor could they schedule the package for pickup at their facility.

Now the status on the Amazon website is reading "On the way, but running late.

Were very sorry your delivery is late. We apologize for the inconvenience." So at this point I have no idea if I will ever receive the package. I thought about cancelling the order with Amazon but I don't see an option on their website to cancel the order. I did a little research on that subject and I don't think I can cancel the order until 15 days after placing the order which hasn't occurred yet.

I understand that UPS is really busy this time of year especially this year.

But certainly there must be something they can do to track down the package. It feels to me that the package is lost in the system and they are not willing to take the time necessary to resolve this issue.

User's recommendation: I'm not eally sure what future Amazon customers can do because I don't think the customer can choose the shipper. If I could, I would select delivery by Amazon drivers.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments