2.4
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I had a very important package I needed delivered by Friday, Oct 12th (necessary citation material for a university lecture) I paid extra money to have it expedited to ensure it arrived on time. For what ever reason, the shipper did not include the apartment number in the shipping address (this part is not UPS' fault, I know). However, when I received the shipping confirmation from UPS and noticed the potential problem, I called the UPS Customer Service line at 09:58amCST and informed them of the problem. They then called the Denton Tx UPS location and updated that office with the apartment number. I know this because at 10:13am CST, the Denton UPS office called me (from a private number) and informed me that the apartment number had been updated, the driver had been notified and that my package was out for delivery. At roughly 03:30pmCST (over FIVE HOURS LATER, same day, which should have been more than enough time for a dispatch to get a message to a driver) the UPS driver stopped at the apartment across the street, delivered a package, (HAD MY PACKAGE IN HIS OTHER HAND, I know this because of the size and shape of the package) got back in his package car and left. A few minutes later, my package tracking was updated as MISSING OR INCORRECT APT NUMBER. I called the Customer Service line again, because the Denton Office doesn't have a local number that I can find anywhere, and the Customer Service person informed me they would do a follow up, and have someone call me back. No one ever called me back. Then, after 09:00pmCST (after both the UPS Customer Service office, and the UPS Denton Office is closed), my tracking notice said the address is resolved, will deliver on Monday. I now have to pay for ANOTHER $800 FLIGHT, and reschedule my lecture last minute, because I have to wait for for the package.

Either the Denton Office flat out lied to me, or the driver was too incompetent to understand the update.

This is the first problem I have ever had with UPS, but due to the size of the set back, it will definitely be the last problem I have have with them.

NEVER using UPS again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ups Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments