On 4/24/12, I sent a passport Next Day Air Early AM, with guaranteed delivery by 8:00 AM, from Broomfield, CO to the Marriott in Elmhurst NY. I sent the passport to my partner, who had forgotten to bring it with him on a trip to Canada.

The passport arrived around 8:40 AM on 4/25/12, 40 minutes late.

From the lobby of the Marriott in Elmhurst, my partner called UPS customer service around 8:00 AM and again at around 8:30 AM and had a conversation with the representatives to try and find out where the package was. He was in the hotel lobby, frantically asking their front desk for help to make sure the package had not arrived earlier. Around 8:40 AM, my partner saw the UPS truck pull up to the back of the hotel, and then a hotel employee came out and gave him the package.

I checked online later that day and saw that the package was marked as having arrived at 7:53 AM. This is an outright fraud, probably committed by the delivery person. We believe he scanned the package at 7:53 AM in his truck to avoid having to reveal that the package arrived late. It didn't arrive until well after 8, and my partner saw with his own eyes the truck pulling up to the hotel around 8:40 AM. Believe me, he was counting every minute as he had a plane to catch!

The tracking ID I have for this shipment is:

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments