Seller paid for shipping and glass was damaged in box.UPS states that unless they can look at the package, they won't insure.

They waited 2 weeks to contact me, and though I took pictures of the box and all labels, they won't reimburse for the damage or reimburse seller for the insurance. After UPS telling me they would call me back after I complained, they didn't and when I called I was on hold another 10 minutes while I waited for a supervisor.

Don't use UPS and don't use their insurance if you do.They have no integrity as a company!

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Nick1346
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #706260

To start you off, it's not insurance, it's called "Declared Value" works exactly as you would think though.However, they only pay out the claim if it is packed properly.

They don't have to come in person to inspect, they can simply do an "over the phone interview" on how it is packed. If you tell them "well it's a shoebox and there's some newspaper..." then they will deny it immediately. If you tell them "it's a new corrugate box, bubble wrap and a bunch of packing peanuts" they will approve the claim. If this never happened then I recommend that you have the shipper call UPS and tell them that there was never any form of inspection yet the claim has been denied, they will probably have someone come out and inspect it and determine how it was packed.

Based on their inspection, they will determine if the shipper will be reimbursed.

UPS is as good as FedEx and better than the USPS when it comes to claims.

UPS provides $100 of "insurance" on every package standard.There's no way around that.