Peace River, Alberta

Ordered my parcel mid November. Shipped December 16th from Winnnipeg. After sending my package through my town to a town 3 hours north of me and then losing my package for over 5 days I put a trace on the package through the seller. In Northern Alberta its a Purolator contractor that runs the UPS here. When I write to your dept with an issue about my package not being delivered on time… the responder writes three days after the fact (Decemebr 26th at 10 pm) to tell me that I “already” got my package on the 24th evening after I put a trace on it on the 23rd and tracked down the purolator courier guy on my own to get him to make it a priority on December 24th. Their service didnt help me one bit or putting a trace on the pkg. The only one who solved this issue was myself.

Heres what the local Purolator person had to say when I asked if I could come up and pick up my package so I would get it for Christmas when I told her what the tracking website said my package was due to be delivered on the next business day after the 18th of December (EVEN WITH THE PACKAGE GOING NORTH TO HIGH LEVEL) She said “they shouldn’t write that stuff on the website – they have no idea how far High Level is from here”

Huh? It’s a 3 hr drive. You guys are a Courier Service… 3 hrs is nothing. It made it from Winnipeg to High Level in less then TWO DAYS! I could have driven up there myself and had it in 6 hrs. I paid over $30 to have my package delivered to my door ON TIME? I made over 8 phone calls and also a bunch of emails and I tracked down both delivery people I know in my community and contacted the seller for a trace on the pkg.

I should not have had to do any of this. I ordered it with plenty of time and it was shipped with plenty of time. Canada Post would have got it to me quicker and half the cost!

Watch what you write to the customer when you havent done your job. READ what the customer actually writes to you before you respond. Instead of just apologizing for thier mistakes in the second email response they write telling me everything they are NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR. There were no labour issues or bad weather. The package made it through three provinces in two days but couldn’t make a three hour trip for over a week? My package being delayed had nothing to do with any of those reasons just stupidity and inefficiency. I would have dropped the entire issue but the UPS responder just made it worse with both their responses - obviously not even reading what I wrote to them.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Grimshaw, Alberta, Canada #1247156

I just lost $600 with the UPS people same *** as the first guy that posted. They said it was delivered when it was not. We emailed them and said the package was not delivered or stollen and the next day they said they found the package and it was delivered when it was not.