To whom it may concern,

Open Letter of complaint

In early December 2014 I chose U.P.S. to deliver an important parcel (to be sent from the U.K. and to be delivered to my home address in Lajeado, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil) due to their promise of guaranteed delivery. The guaranteed delivery date to my home address was for the 15th December 2014. To date (18th January 2015), the parcel STILL has not arrived at my home address. Inside the parcel are, amongst other items, important vitamin supplements and Christmas presents for my daughter, sent from her grandmother. Due to the incompetence of U.P.S., my daughter has not yet had the pleasure of opening her Christmas presents.

On the 15th December 2014 (the day the parcel was due to arrive at my home address) I discovered, using the online tracker service, that the parcel had only just arrived in São Paulo. I contacted U.P.S. via their Live chat Service three times to try to discover the reason for the delay. It was only during the 3rd conversation that I was informed that further documentation was required in order for the parcel to be released by customs. I sent all further documentation requested several days before the deadline given expired. Amongst the further documentation submitted, I sent screen prints of purchased products and their values that were within the parcel. It was equally made very clear that all other remaining items within the parcel were personal items of mine that I had owned for several years. The documentation was sent to U.P.S. via email, on 30th December 2014. On 02.01.2015 I received a confirmation email from a U.P.S. representative saying that my email containing all requested further documentation had been received. The same email confirmed that it would take a further seven days for the requested information to be processed and for the parcel to be, finally, released.

On 17th January 2015, during a conversation via Live chat, I learnt that the further information that had been requested and that I had sent (and had had confirmation from U.P.S. of having received), had not been forwarded by U.P.S to the customs officials in São Paulo.

On top of all this, my parcel has been returned to uk, to sender, with no logic explanation her address, from where the parcel was collected, was stated as wrong (!!!), and when finally sorted as right, UPS left a ¨we will delivery on the first working day¨and NEVER CAME BACK!! My parcel was redirected to Bolton and now YOU ARE CHARGING A FEE FOR ALL YOUR MISTAKES!!!

I have been treated like a pingpong ball between you and UPS, with nobody assuming the mistakes and finding a reasonable solution. I will take this to court, I will leave a bad review on every blog, every magazine and every facebook page that I can find. considering that I did everything asked within deadlines given and when there has been mistake after mistake made by U.P.S. representatives throughout the whole delivery process, how can you begin to explain all of this mess?????

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of ups delivery service from Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $770 and wants Ups to have the product delivered.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments