Bridgeport Charter Township, Michigan
Additional Fees

I have shipped 1000-1500 packages annually for the past 9 years.I have never been a fan of UPS, and the list of reason grows.

First, my husband received shipment of a boat prop that looked like it had been delivered by a parachute with a hole in it. UPS was clearly at fault, and they refused to honor their "insurance". Over the years, I have tried to use the local UPS Store. When I call for rates, I give them measurements and weights, yet the actual price always ends up higher than what they quote over the phone.

I have tried using the UPS website with about 85% success because some technicality in how the form is filled out will stop me from completing the process. Occasionally, one of my customers will choose UPS, and I will always try to switch it (and usually save money doing it). Finally, a man contacted me (who knew my husband), and he said he represented a shipping service and wanted to compare pricing in order to win my business. I gave him my shipping records (mostly USPS and some FedEx).

Several weeks later, he sheepishly told me that they could not compete with the pricing that I was already getting. He then revealed that he represents UPS.

Well I could have told him as much.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to "change their pricing strategy to become more competitive". This person is overall dissatisfied with Ups. The most disappointing about ups shipping at Ups was pricing and their website Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ups.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments