Bridgeport Charter Township,Michigan

I have shipped 1000-1500 packages annually for the past 9 years. I have never been a fan of UPS, and the list of reason grows.

First, my husband received shipment of a boat prop that looked like it had been delivered by a parachute with a hole in it. UPS was clearly at fault, and they refused to honor their "insurance". Over the years, I have tried to use the local UPS Store. When I call for rates, I give them measurements and weights, yet the actual price always ends up higher than what they quote over the phone.

I have tried using the UPS website with about 85% success because some technicality in how the form is filled out will stop me from completing the process. Occasionally, one of my customers will choose UPS, and I will always try to switch it (and usually save money doing it). Finally, a man contacted me (who knew my husband), and he said he represented a shipping service and wanted to compare pricing in order to win my business. I gave him my shipping records (mostly USPS and some FedEx).

Several weeks later, he sheepishly told me that they could not compete with the pricing that I was already getting. He then revealed that he represents UPS.

Well I could have told him as much.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: change their pricing strategy to become more competitive.

I didn't like: Pricing and their website.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 29, 2015.

Comments