1.7

Recently we used UPS to ship a WiiU to our newly married 24 year old son (who now lives 12 hours from us).This was going to be our first Christmas and His birthday apart.

My wife is battling cancer and we were not able to make the journey. The item was packed according to UPS standards through a Shipping Agent. It was a box with in a box and all the required packing. Spent the extra money to buy insurance.

My son received the gift in time for his birthday. He was surprised and excited. The unit was tested before shipping. He hooked up the system and the WiiU unit burnt the first of 2 game discs included with the system.

My son went to a tech school and worked for an electronics company. He knows his stuff. He knew right away the laser was not working properly. He made some adjustments that would not violate the warranty and tried another disc.

It did the same. We called UPS. We were informed that an Agent would contact us by the close of business the next day to come and do an inspection. The next day came and went and no call.

We waited and about a week later I called. They said they had called my son no response. I had them repeat the number and two digits were switched. I corrected the number and they called.

But instead of sending out an Agent, they sent my son a damage email form and asked him to take photos. He was then informed that a decision would be made in 3 days. 3 days came and went and no response. I called UPS back and was told that the I would have to contact the Shipper for their response.

Are you kidding me? It is my package and that is not what we were told. I called the Shipper and they said yes, they got the response and were waiting for us to contact them. Oh boy!

The Shipper then said our claim had been denied (get this) because after several calls and an Agent was not given access to the package. I immediately called UPS back and they said the same rehearsed speech...I would have to take it up with the Shipper. They would NOT even let me verify if their contact information had been corrected. I called the Shipper back and they said they would file a follow up claim.

Now I wait again. So along with my concern for my wife's battle with cancer (treatments that are $35,000/each) I have to worry about a gift that we saved up for that we lovingly wanted to give our son something nice and what he wanted....I've got to haggle for a $300 settlement. Why bother charging customers for added Insurance if they are not going to pay up? Why bother following their packing rules if they are not going to pay up?

Why bother paying extra for UPS and not get first class service?

UPS should be honest and just have us sign a disclaimer that says, "Ship at your own risk!" What can BROWN do for me?!!!!Please pay up.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. upsndowns3 stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service agent and unethical business practices. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss damaged or defective of wii u shipping and associated monetary loss in the amount of $300. Ups needs to "pay me a settlement of $300 so that i can replace the damaged wiiu system" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned wii u shipping in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ups.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments