Update by user Jul 25

UPDATE: UPS has now opened an investigation into the lost shipment. The tires are completely backordered everywhere else for 6-8 weeks now.

Nobody can get them, so I'm out my non-refundable track day, which would be nice if UPS reimburses me for, but that isn't ever going to happen.

Fairly certain you can't just lose two brand new tires and that these were stolen by someone at UPS's distribution center. DON'T TRUST UPS!

Original review posted by user Jul 25

Never had trouble with them until now, and trying to talk to their customer service is like banging your head against the wall.

Order four tires from a reputable online tire seller to be shipped to my local tire installer. They provided a UPS tracking number, which showed a estimated delivery date of the 20th (a Friday). On the 20th, they didn't arrive, so figured they just needed an extra day or two and they would show up Monday the 23rd.

Monday comes, and the tire shop calls me to say that only two of the four tires I ordered arrived. Huh? Why only two. So I go online to UPS tracking and see the one package (two tires in each) that was delivered, and the other says simply, "Processing for Delivery". Tire shop sometimes UPS makes mistakes and they would likely show up the next day. So the 24th rolls around, I look on UPS tracking, and now under estimated delivery it says, "Estimated delivery cannot be provided at this time, please check back later." WTF?

I try to get through on the phone to UPS with no luck, so I email them. I get a response this morning that says,

"Thank you for your email about the delivery date for your package. I understand your concern as your package was left behind.

I reviewed the information and your package was delayed as we need to make an adjustment, and we will deliver as soon as we process this change. I recommend you to keep on tracking it, and as soon as we have availability we will show the delivery date."

What adjustment could possibly be made and why does it take so long to process? It's two unboxed tires strapped together. Their excuse holds zero water. They say the tires have been sitting in my local distribution center since early morning the 19th. Today is the 25th, they still can't provide an estimated delivery date. It's pretty clear to me that UPS has lost the other two tires, they were stolen, or possibly abducted by a UFO...I don't know. All I know is I want my tires before a track day next week or I'm out a hefty chunk of non-refundable cash.

Comments