Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool

I will NEVER have anything shipped to my business office again! UPS has a policy that any packages shipped to a business require a signature, despite the fact that I don't have regular business hours.

After 3 attempts, UPS sent my package 30 miles away to their distribution center and then finally sent it to a UPS store/Access Point that I had to pay extra (on top of the shipping costs I had already spent). When I was able to pick the package up at the Access Point, they asked for my driver's license and then told me that I didn't have a package there because my home address didn't match my business address that was on the package. When I asked them to look under the business name, low and behold my package was there but I had to give some sort of identification that I was who I said I was and my business was my business...thank goodness I had an old business card with me, because my new business cards were in the package I was picking up.

I tried talking to a supervisor at UPS who was no help.

I tried emailing customer service who were no help. There is no customer service what-so-ever!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ups Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 28.

Comments

sandralynndavis

This is not true. I have ALL my packages sent to my work.

I do not have to sign unless the sender requires it. Has nothing to do with it being an office or a residence.

to sandralynndavis #1459861

The sender did not require it (they werent even aware of UPS's policy). Both the customer service agent, the supervisor I spoke to, and the email I recieved all stated that items shipped to a business require a signature per UPS policy and that I could have had my items shipped to my house and it would have been left on my porch.Thankfully, the company I ordered from has customer service and they refunded me the entire cost of my item, including shipping. They also sent my concerns to their upper management to look at going with another shipping company, as UPS doesn't make companies aware of their policies.