1.4
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Update by user Sep 11, 2016

UPS has a formal policy against doing anything extra to correct their mistakes. Once they fail to deliver a package on time, it is already late and they see no reason to try to make it any less late, so the package simply goes back into their regular process to be delivered a few days later whenever they get around to it. A package that they failed to deliver on Friday, due entirely to their own failure to bother loading the package onto their truck, will NOT be delivered on Saturday even though they do have local deliveries going out, but the package will be held until Monday, when they might remember to put it on the truck.

Original review posted by user Sep 10, 2016

Well, this morning I got woken up by a phone call from UPS here in Louisville - to make the standard scripted apology - and to explain that despite the 8:28AM Friday scan saying my package was Out For Delivery, actually no one bothered loading that package on any outgoing truck.

They knew all along that the package had not actually been put on any truck, but no one bothered entering that mistake into the computer. So every time I called UPS misnamed "Customer Service" they keep telling me that my package was on the truck and that the truck was still out making deliveries so my package absolutely positively would be delivered on Friday. They gave me the same story at 5:30 and again at 7:30; and again at 9PM, and at 10:30, and even at 11:30 they were still giving me the BS story that the package was on the truck and that truck was still out making deliveries. Finally at midnight when the date rolled over the computer automatically changed the status from "Out For Delivery" to "In Transit" and pushed the delivery date back three additional days to Monday afternoon.

Apparently they forget to put packages on the truck so often that doing a scan on all the packages they didn't bother loading would be too much work for the poor kids. So as of Friday morning, UPS Louisville Dispatch KNEW that the package was not really out for delivery and KNEW that they were just going to keep it and all the other "Ground" packages that they didn't bother loading and hope that someone might bother loading them on Monday.

The lady informed me that UPS has a "Policy" to NOT deliver Friday packages on Saturday, so anything they screw up on Friday has to wait until at least Monday.

But the nice lady at Louisville Dispatch explained that it wasn't UPS's fault because "we have a lot of packages going through the building."

This is the second time in a row that I have had a UPS package that was due for a Friday delivery and which was "On Time" all the way up until Friday morning, but then actually didn't get delivered until Monday or Tuesday simply because UPS screwed up and they have a policy against fixing their mistakes.

I am tired of UPS's gross incompetence, non-competitive attitude, and total lack of any professionalism or integrity. And I am tired of dealing with vendors who say "We're sorry but once we ship the package we can't be responsible for UPS's mistakes." As of now, I have a policy against dealing with vendors whose only delivery option is UPS - and I will inform all such vendors exactly why I refuse to do and further business with them.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of being lied to deliberately and false information posted on their computer system. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of ups customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $42. Ups needs to "ups can go to hell" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned ups customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ups.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments